Hello Everyone,iam a new to this information Rich site.

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota BX2370,FEL-quick attach,piranha teeth,54"belly mower,Land Pr.scraper
May 10, 2015
Cape May Court House, N.J.
Hello Everybody, I have a new Kubota bx2370 tractor with a 54" belly mower.This week my LA 243A FEL is going to be hooked up to the tractor.I bought the FEL dolly from EXPANDED,my question is can I just take the bucket off and leave loader arms on tractor and cut lawn.I have the quick attach bucket.Would it be ok to cut lawn with loader arms attached to tractor and leave bucket on dolly,it wouldn't hurt anything would it.Iam trying to get out of the on and off every 5 days or so.And Thanks I learned a lot of valuable information on this site.PS I don't want to leave FEL off all summer. Thanks Orange Rich R***128668;***128077;

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello Everybody, I have a new Kubota bx2370 tractor with a 54" belly mower.This week my LA 243A FEL is going to be hooked up to the tractor.I bought the FEL dolly from EXPANDED,my question is can I just take the bucket off and leave loader arms on tractor and cut lawn.I have the quick attach bucket.Would it be ok to cut lawn with loader arms attached to tractor and leave bucket on dolly,it wouldn't hurt anything would it.Iam trying to get out of the on and off every 5 days or so.And Thanks I learned a lot of valuable information on this site.PS I don't want to leave FEL off all summer. Thanks Orange Rich R***128668;***128077;

Sure you can - if it allows you to see better!:)

Then again - you can take the whole thing off in a few minutes too.:D After a while you would get real good at it !

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
85Hokie,Thank You for the answer to my question.The real problem is that iam gun shy to take the FEL off.Thanks again

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
85Hokie,Thank You for the answer to my question.The real problem is that iam gun shy to take the FEL off.Thanks again
Rich
It's tuff for a first time owner to remember everything they cover when the tractor is delivered. If you had trouble removing and installing the fel on your own there are a some of things you can do:
Read the owners manual.
Search the threads here for the specific problems you are having, someone else already had that problem.
List your specific problems here so someone can help.
Go back to the dealer and have them demonstrate how to do it on a tractor on the lot. You had a lot to absorb when they delivered the tractor and now you know the right questions to ask. A good dealer will want to help.

You need to be more familiar and be able to the full use of your tractor. Take it slow be careful and learn as you go. I bought my BX2370 in December and had the same learning curve, this site and the information stored here was valuable.

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
Thanks Larry, I had a Kubota B6200 4wd since 87,I did all the maintenance on it.The only problem I had with that tractor was I had to buy a new battery once.These new Kubotas are completely different such as the floating deck with the deck wheels up .5inch for the antiscalping grass.One thing I don't like is the grease fittings on deck wheels,metal grease fitting screwed into plastic wheel,one is stripped already from Kubota mechanic doing the 50 Hourservice.So Larry you are correct take it easy and do a lot of reading.Thanks again Larry and have a good day.***128077;***128668;

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
It's really easy to take the whole thing off/on once you know the procedure. Should take around 5 minutes. The secret to easy on/off is to take it off on a perfectly level spot. That way everything lines up easily.

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
Thank You Paulemar, The dealer is putting on the FEL this week,when they bring it back I will get them to take FEL off and put it on the XPanded Dolly that is made especially for the La243A FEL.Like everybody is saying once you do it a couple times it will go off and on Dolly easy"Hopefully". Thanks again, have a good day.

jrepp44

Equipment
B2650
May 11, 2015
NE Louisiana
There are several good videos on youtube showing how to install and remove the FEL, they make it look easy, I also have never been brave enough to take mine off. I will try it when I have a nice level concrete pad built!

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
Thank You JRreep44, I joined as a free member,I changed my mind now I want to join as a lifetime member but it won't let me because my name is used already when I joined free membership.How can I fix this issue and join as lifetime member.Thank You

jrepp44

Equipment
B2650
May 11, 2015
NE Louisiana
Thank You JRreep44, I joined as a free member,I changed my mind now I want to join as a lifetime member but it won't let me because my name is used already when I joined free membership.How can I fix this issue and join as lifetime member.Thank You
Rich, I don't know if your membership question was directed at me, I am a new member also, but I will try to answer your question - if I am wrong maybe a moderator will chime in.
1) While logged on - open the "Quick Links" drop down.
2) Select "Edit your details" from the drop down list.
3) When the new page opens - look on the left and scroll down
to "Miscellaneous"
4) Just below "miscellaneous" select "Paid Subscriptions" - hopefully
you can "SELECT" a new subscription type there.
Good Luck.

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
Hello Jrepp44, Thank You very much for the information about upgrading,I got it all fixed.Like you iam new to this site and still looking around the site.On the main page to the left it has upgrade which I missed.I sure am not the sharpest pencil in the case but I'll get by.Thank You very much for the help and have yourself a great dayJREPP44. Rich

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It's really easy to take the whole thing off/on once you know the procedure. Should take around 5 minutes. The secret to easy on/off is to take it off on a perfectly level spot. That way everything lines up easily.

That one point is super critical .........a perfectly level spot - if you aint got that .....it is a sum beeeeaaauuuch!!! coming off and going back on :D:)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hello Jrepp44, Thank You very much for the information about upgrading,I got it all fixed.Like you iam new to this site and still looking around the site.On the main page to the left it has upgrade which I missed.I sure am not the sharpest pencil in the case but I'll get by.Thank You very much for the help and have yourself a great dayJREPP44. Rich
Glad to have you here Rich. and Jreep44..... mucho gracious for helping Rich thru the membership process

Rich Reifsnyder

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2015
OT Moderator, Hello, In my profile somehow I hit delete messages and I do not know how to fix it, would you have any suggestions how to fix it. Thank You Rich R

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Rich, I too have a 2370. I am neither particularly strong, smart or mechanically inclined. With the BXpanded dolly it really is remarkably easy to dismount / mount FEL. The directions provided with the dolly are very good. I have had mine off and on twice in the past month. It is a lot easier than dealing with the MMM which I find awkward and time consuming.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
OT Moderator, Hello, In my profile somehow I hit delete messages and I do not know how to fix it, would you have any suggestions how to fix it. Thank You Rich R
Need more info. did you delete a personal messages or ???

I did un-delete one of the messages of yours in your profile about lifetime membership if that is the one you are concerned with.

Last edited: