Harbor Freight Ride On Trencher

guyvstewart

Equipment
L2250D,Loader BF400G, Box blade, bush hog
Apr 1, 2015
Williston, FL
Does anyone know where I can find parts for the Harbor Freight Ride On Trencher. I found one at an estate sale for $800, and it's missing a few small parts. 4 clevis pins and the bucket connection rods. I'm sure I can find some round stock the make the clevis pins with and some bar stock to make the connecting rods, but would much rather find them already made.

Checking on the net hasn't been to helpful. It seems that either these things never break or if they do, they must just park them and let them rust away.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhh well finding or replacing parts on HF stuff,, either they dont have it in stock or they do but its going to 12 to 14 months before its shipped, yadayadayada, take a trip to TS or Lowes and look for what you need

guyvstewart

Equipment
L2250D,Loader BF400G, Box blade, bush hog
Apr 1, 2015
Williston, FL
Well it looks like I am in luck as for a the clevis pins go. I did a search on line and found that are also called "Hitch Pins", and TS, Ebay, and a few other places have them.

Now, I would like to replace all the zerk fitting. My problem is that I have never seen the zerks that are used on this machine. They are flush with the metal. Any ideas on how they are installed? Looks like they may be pressed in, and I'll have to drill them out.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Based on my poor eyesight .......looks like the zerk is gone!:)

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have a zerk if you called it that, more like a factory hole on my Dodge Ram front driveshaft ujoint. There is a needle that attaches to the grease gun you can buy at any auto parts store. Insert needle into hole and pump grease. As stated in the workshop manual.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I have a zerk if you called it that, more like a factory hole on my Dodge Ram front driveshaft ujoint. There is a needle that attaches to the grease gun you can buy at any auto parts store. Insert needle into hole and pump grease. As stated in the workshop manual.
The adapter you are looking for is a contact tip. The grease needle is similar to a syringe needle. Those fittings arent replaceable. Better try and free them up.