Gray Market Kubota L3001

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
We have a Gray Market Kubota L3001 and are in desperate need of identifying the CANASTER type oil filter. The number that appears on the block just below the fuel injector is V1-013405. The best that we have been able to determine is that the tractor was built in Japan in 1997. We have received conflicting information suggesting that the tractor engine type is an L225 or an L285 and have been told that both engines require a spin on oil filter but we know that we have a canister oil filter, if anyone can offer any info at all, please let me know.
Thanks, in advance. :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Look for a number near the injection pump on the engine block, right near where the steel lines are coming out of the IP. Probably have to look closely and clean the numbered area with a brush.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The oil filter that is listed on the chart is not right, I do believe the one you want is a wix 57030 filter cartridge.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
Look for a number near the injection pump on the engine block, right near where the steel lines are coming out of the IP. Probably have to look closely and clean the numbered area with a brush.
Thanks, for your response. the number we found is V1-013405 and that is at the fuel injector site. You are right it was difficult to see.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
This link should take you to the OTT gray market oil filter part numbers.

Hope it's helpful.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, we looked at this and it really wasn't much help in our situation. I bet it is a good link though for people who know what they are doing--my dad should have taught his daughter better! LOL

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
But is that a hydraulic oil filter? Since I have no clue what I am doing, I'm wondering if that would work for an oil filter--LOL! We looked at it and it looks right, but would that particular oil filter, Wix 57030 be for an engine oil filter? Our problem is if we take the Canaster off, and we don't have the right oil filter, we will be, well, up the creek.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
But is that a hydraulic oil filter? Since I have no clue what I am doing, I'm wondering if that would work for an oil filter--LOL! We looked at it and it looks right, but would that particular oil filter, Wix 57030 be for an engine oil filter? Our problem is if we take the Canaster off, and we don't have the right oil filter, we will be, well, up the creek.
Yes a hydraulic filter and a motor oil filter work the same way, and 90% of the time it's just in what they call the filter.

If you pull the old filter and the new one is not right, you can take it to NAPA and they should be able to match it up and get you one. ;)

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
dru

Hang in there, everything has its own parts-ology.

Normally, an "oil filter" is an engine oil filter. Otherwise, there are hydraulic oil filters, and transmission oil filters.

A canister filter is also referred to as a spin-on filter.

A cartridge filter has an element that goes inside an outer shell.

North Idaho Wolfman is always right.

A picture, which you can post with your message, will show exactly which filter you are needing. Instructions are on the forum for attaching pictures. If you are not ready to do that, then please describe where the filter is on the tractor. As you are sitting on the tractor seat, the right side of the tractor is your right-handed side.

A little more information and we will get you where you want to go.

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
Yes a hydraulic filter and a motor oil filter work the same way, and 90% of the time it's just in what they call the filter.

If you pull the old filter and the new one is not right, you can take it to NAPA and they should be able to match it up and get you one. ;)
Thank you so much! Now, my husband and I will know where to go to ask the guy in the know--North Idaho Wolfman!

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
dru

Hang in there, everything has its own parts-ology.

Normally, an "oil filter" is an engine oil filter. Otherwise, there are hydraulic oil filters, and transmission oil filters.

A canister filter is also referred to as a spin-on filter.

A cartridge filter has an element that goes inside an outer shell.

North Idaho Wolfman is always right.

A picture, which you can post with your message, will show exactly which filter you are needing. Instructions are on the forum for attaching pictures. If you are not ready to do that, then please describe where the filter is on the tractor. As you are sitting on the tractor seat, the right side of the tractor is your right-handed side.

A little more information and we will get you where you want to go.
Thank you! I had them confused, it is easy for me to get that way! We needed the cartridge filter, but North Idaho Wolfman pointed us in the right direction! Thanks! I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site. This tractor is going to be the death of us!

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
OK, so today, I learned the difference between a canister oil filter and a cartridge oil filter. Thanks to everyone who is schooling me on these flipping tractors! I guess we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into when I neighbor gave us this thing. :rolleyes:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
dru, I need a little help to make sure that I understand.

I think that on your model the engine oil filter is towards the front and on the right. And, that the hydraulic filter is under the tractor about the middle.

Can you verify that these are the locations for your filters? And which one did you want to replace?

dru driver

Mar 13, 2019
Nash, Texas
dru, I need a little help to make sure that I understand.

I think that on your model the engine oil filter is towards the front and on the right. And, that the hydraulic filter is under the tractor about the middle.

Can you verify that these are the locations for your filters? And which one did you want to replace?
Yes, the engine oil filter is towards the front and on the right. It is the engine oil filter that we need.