Grapple

jtausch

Equipment
L3901/bcr1290 brush hog box blade
Apr 10, 2015
oklahoma city oklahoma
Hello I have a L3901 HST and I am looking for a grapple. any good recommendations out their? just need to move a few piles of trees for now and a good third function valve kits. and cost if available. thanks:)

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Check out the wicked series from everything attachments and or land pride. I have a land pride on my BX that works great.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I have the land pride with my BX also. I really thought I would use it more, as I live in the deep woods. This thing is so effective I did what would have been two weeks work with a bucket, chainsaw and forks, in two half days. I was amazed and my back and knees appreciated not having to get on and off 200 times to make a bunch of loads. I can drive up to a pile of brush, undergrowth, pine needles Etc, grab em and go. You will love it!

Last edited:

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
There are a few grapples that bolt onto the bucket that may be a less expensive alternative, especially if you don't plan to use it much. One is a green's machine thumb, and I don't remember the names of the others.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Yes it does. I have three log piles that need to me moved before I burn them(to close to trees) plus future use.:D
Awesome!
Another option is the Artillian system, you get the main frame, then add on modular components like forks, grapple, rake, and the front-hoe bucket as you need them. Maybe not the cheapest option available, but certainly the most versatile.

www.artillian.com

http://www.artillian.com/30-SSQA_PalletForkSets.htm

http://www.artillian.com/Grapple.htm

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Check around your are and see if anyone carries Loflin, Titan, Tomahawk or other less known grapples. Land Pride and EA etc. are a better build, but for most of us the more economical ones will be fine. I went to my Kubota dealer to order a Land Pride grapple and add third function on my L5740. He said he would be more than happy to do so, but said he didn't think the name brands were worth the extra cost and offered to take my son out to his family farm and see the four different Loflins he uses.

He is not a dealer, but offered to pick one up for me and install it while my tractor was in the shop. We liked it so well, we bought another to have one on each farm. My brother saw mine and bought a Tomahawk off Craigs List.

I usually buy top of the line stuff but just couldn't justify it on a grapple. We have a fully equipped shop with a hydraulic press, several welders etc. in case they didn't hold up. So far I've only slightly bent one tine when I got into some metal.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Also check the weight of a grapple vs. your loader's lift capacity. A lot of grapples are very heavy, and eat up a large portion of that capacity.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I have a LandPride for my B3300 and I'm pretty happy with it. Only thing I wish it had is a dual lid instead of single lid but I've moved LOTS of piles of logs with it.

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
Everything Attachments also makes a Root Rake Grapple that fit my needs better than there much praised Wicked series. I highly recommend it. It allows easier release of your load which comes into play loading trailers or high piles.

gardnesd

Equipment
b3300su brush mower, FEL
Dec 9, 2015
lowcountry SC
I have a LandPride for my B3300 and I'm pretty happy with it. Only thing I wish it had is a dual lid instead of single lid but I've moved LOTS of piles of logs with it.
Hey Biker,
I have the exact same tractor. I see you have the quick attach. Can you tell me how you went about doing that or getting it done. From what I've read the la504 requires some extra cutting and angle setting???

yoteantidote

May 12, 2016
Argentine, Mi
I also have an L3901 and I purchased a Land Pride grapple for it. It is worth every cent I paid for it. I couldn't even begin to list everything I have done with it.
Cost including the 3rd function valve was $2,250. I will say to call MANY places for prices. I got quotes for almost $600 more from a few places.
You will not regret a grapple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southcoastlocal

Sep 22, 2016
MA
I also have an L3901 and I purchased a Land Pride grapple for it. It is worth every cent I paid for it. I couldn't even begin to list everything I have done with it.
Cost including the 3rd function valve was $2,250. I will say to call MANY places for prices. I got quotes for almost $600 more from a few places.
You will not regret a grapple!

What third function did you buy? Curious because I too have 3901 with backhoe.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Hey Biker,
I have the exact same tractor. I see you have the quick attach. Can you tell me how you went about doing that or getting it done. From what I've read the la504 requires some extra cutting and angle setting???
Not sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the tractor end or the implement end? I have the Kubota quick attach. It is a simple pin on swap out for the tractor end. The implements are ordered for the Kubota quick attach setup.

The skidsteer set up would require modification of your implements (cutting and welding).

dotcop690

Equipment
KUBOTA L3560, LA805 LOADER, 6' BOX BLADE, 6' BUSH HOG, GRAPPLE, TILLER
Dec 28, 2016
United States
Not sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the tractor end or the implement end? I have the Kubota quick attach. It is a simple pin on swap out for the tractor end. The implements are ordered for the Kubota quick attach setup.

The skidsteer set up would require modification of your implements (cutting and welding).

I have a WR Long 3rd function Valve and WR Long grapple in my L3560.

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
I also have a 3901 hst with a land pride grapple and love it, probably the most used attachment that I have! The only thing I would change would be to lengthen the bottom tines just to get better leverage but it does everything I need!!