Grapple conversion advice

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
I've recently changed my BX24 Kubota old style quick adapter to a ssqa. I have a small land pride grapple with the old style quick connect and wondering if it's worth the money to buy a ssqa adapter plate and pay to convert it or just sell it along with the old style quick adapter that I no longer need and buy another grapple? I'm sure a few on here have encountered this and will appreciate their advice. I don't have a welder or good enough skills to attempt doing it myself. TIA.

Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I would sell the one you have and get a new one. Added a plate to allow you to use it with the SSQA will take away from your lifting capacity.

Reactions: 5 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I believe that if you have the SGC0548 (now discontinued), it is too narrow for the SSQA setup by having the hydraulic cylinders on the ends. That is probably why now only the LP 54 in. version is only offered. Other brands might have narrower grapples with the hydraulic cylinders located elsewhere. Your lifting capacity is diminished regardless.

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
I believe that if you have the SGC0548 (now discontinued), it is too narrow for the SSQA setup by having the hydraulic cylinders on the ends. That is probably why now only the LP 54 in. version is only offered. Other brands might have narrower grapples with the hydraulic cylinders located elsewhere. Your lifting capacity is diminished regardless.
Yes, you are absolutely correct as I found out after measuring. I really like having that rake type grapple although I have completed most all of major brush clearing. I'm torn whether to keep it and go thru the hassle of putting my old style kubota quick hitch on and off when needed or maybe sell and buy a add-on grapple to my ssqa bucket. Nothing ever seems easy and unfortunately always another expense...lol....such is the life of tractor hobbies.

Kubotarookie

Equipment
Bx2350,60"mmm,box blade
Feb 20, 2020
Jamestown,IN
I've recently changed my BX24 Kubota old style quick adapter to a ssqa. I have a small land pride grapple with the old style quick connect and wondering if it's worth the money to buy a ssqa adapter plate and pay to convert it or just sell it along with the old style quick adapter that I no longer need and buy another grapple? I'm sure a few on here have encountered this and will appreciate their advice. I don't have a welder or good enough skills to attempt doing it myself. TIA.
Good morning,

I am looking to convert my bx2350 to ssqa. Did you buy the ssqa coupler from kubota or an aftermarket unit?
EDIT- I have been told by a couple of dealers that the kubota ssqa (bx2410) will not fit my la243 loader. Others say they are not sure? It also looks like the bx2410 would have a long wait time. Maybe aftermarket would be the way to go?

Thank you.

Last edited:

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Good morning,

I am looking to convert my bx2350 to ssqa. Did you buy the ssqa coupler from kubota or an aftermarket unit?
EDIT- I have been told by a couple of dealers that the kubota ssqa (bx2410) will not fit my la243 loader. Others say they are not sure? It also looks like the bx2410 would have a long wait time. Maybe aftermarket would be the way to go?

Thank you.
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes mine is an aftermarket SSQA made by Worksaver. Nice quality and only gripe is the locking arms are not as long so the leverage takes a bit more muscle to lock in place. At the time of my purchase it was a 10-14 day delivery while every other source was a month and beyond. Not sure the current status. You would need to verify the fit.