Grandl3560

Ashsaw

Nov 18, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm considering purchasing l3560 with cab. Would like to hear opinions from other owners good and bad. So far I'm liking the kubota over new holland and john deere.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I’m biased in that my L3560 is the only tractor I’ve owned! I’ve driven all kinds though and I love the Kubota. No cab on mine as it’s a woods tractor as well as a working around the farm tractor.

I love the effortlessness (is that a word?) if ur doing what I want it to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
No problems in 4 years, I love mine. Dpf regens no problem. I also have a B2650 with a cab, but it's noisy. From what I hear the cab / transmission combination on a Grand L is much quieter. I think you will like it. Fuel fill is lower, more accessible. Many useful features not on other tractors.

What are you going to do with yours?

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
My L3560 is my first tractor, had it for 6 months now. It's been perfect for me. First big job was digging out very tough bamboo roots with the BH77 and it did that well. Not having a tractor before I had to learn that the noises were normal! No problem at all driving it. Had one regen so far no problem! I like the seat, the pedal, low fuel filler cap and loader control on the fender. The pallet forks hoisted a bunch of trusses on top of my neighbors containers with ease last week.

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Had a 5030 HSTC. Was a fine tractor and I ran it hard. Sold it and moved up to a 105 X -M series because the 5030 wasn't heavy enough to run hay tools.

No complaints for almost 1000 hours.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I've had one with a cab for about 1.5 years now. I wanted the cab for winter, but surprisingly really like the a/c in the summer also (cool and no bugs). It is a pretty quiet cab... not a lot of HST noise. No regrets getting the cad.

It handles 74" front snow blower well and a 72" rotary cutter also. I have been happy with the power.

I know a lot of folks avoid the cab because of woods work. I wanted the cab for winter, but I still have been using it to clear property... you just have to be careful and watch for branches. With a grapple, this tractor has been impressive clearing trees and brush. However, I must admit I have broken one mirror (they had them in stock at the dealer so I know I'm not the first).

I have had a couple of regens that did not go well. Both times I was working it hard and it was hot out. The regen started good with the RPM's up, and ended good; but the EGR valve over heated and threw a code. The first time the dealer changed out the EGR valve per the Kubota rep. The second time, the dealer came out and added some insulation to protect it from exhaust system heat during a regen which is worse when ambient temps are high (per a bulletin about this problem)... that's supposed to fix the issue. I guess I will know for sure next summer when I regen when it is hot out. But personally, I do not think this has been a real issue for me, and the dealer has been staying engaged. I assume it has been taken care of.

If you get one, get the larger loader (L805). A lot better load rating. Besides the larger bucket, it comes in handy with forks and a grapple.

I hope things work out well for you. This has been a good tractor for me.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Ashsaw

Nov 18, 2018
Thanks sheepfarmer. I'll be replacing my new holland tc30 with it. Lots of snow plowing and brush hogging. I'm a lways moving dirt when the township brings it. I was lookiing for a cab for the winter. Geuss I'm getting soft.

Ashsaw

Nov 18, 2018
Would like to thank everyone for their input.kubota is kinda new to me. I've dealt with new holland and john deere in the past and have been happy with their dealers but the l3560 is calling me!

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
L3560 here also. 2 years old and over 600 hours. Work has been over a wide range of jobs. Quite a bit of stump bucket work removing cedars and bodark trees, grapple work, driveway building and repairs, brush hogging. Concrete drive and patio removal and extensive grade work. It’s not a skid steer though it sounds like I need one. Its been a great unit and pretty well trouble free unit so far.

The EGR over heat issue should covered by Kubota under warranty. They have a kit for it now. Be sure to tell the dealer. High temp days and heavy brush hogging seemed to be the times it showed up. It was the only major issue and easily resolved.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I dont own a L3560, but it was the L series I demoed for a few hours before making a final purchase decision. What I can tell you is in my opinion it has the smoothest operating FEL and Hydrostatic transmission of any tractor in this size range. I looked at JD, LS, TYM, Kioti, Massey. The Kubota HST transmission is fabulous. If they turbocharged the smaller L I would probably get one with a cab for snow just to have it :). I live at 8600 ft and want TC on all of my machines.

If you want some videos of a guy using a L4060 and going through 50 hr service, check this out.
https://youtu.be/PjyStb0icmU

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
For what I do, a cab is a necessity. Once I got a cab unit, never looked back (and stayed chaff free too).

I will agree that close in (as in woodlot) work could be an issue. Couple years ago I was doing some woodlot work for my neighbor and had the drivers door open and hooked the door on a branch and it 'exploded' literally. Cost me just shy of $1000.00 for a new door glass (used the original hardware and gaskets) and I carry a $1000.00 duductible on my farm policy, so I ate the door glass.

So yes, close in work with a cab unit can be touchy.

Live and learn. I keep the doors closed now.:eek:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
For what I do, a cab is a necessity. Once I got a cab unit, never looked back (and stayed chaff free too).

I will agree that close in (as in woodlot) work could be an issue. Couple years ago I was doing some woodlot work for my neighbor and had the drivers door open and hooked the door on a branch and it 'exploded' literally. Cost me just shy of $1000.00 for a new door glass (used the original hardware and gaskets) and I carry a $1000.00 duductible on my farm policy, so I ate the door glass.

So yes, close in work with a cab unit can be touchy.

Live and learn. I keep the doors closed now.:eek:
I don't think you are the only one to loose a door that way. Dealer warned my about moving with the door open. He said he has replaced quite a few doors for that reason. I can see that happening easily (I've caught myself before disaster a few times... now I always try to close the door).

Ashsaw

Nov 18, 2018
I really do appreciate every ones comments. If someone has time could they measure the length from the bucket to the lift arms? Trying to get idea how room it will take up in garage. Thanks

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I am a big fan of the Grand L. The New Hollan is really a rebadged LS, not a bad tractor but save money getting an LS, still not as good as Kubota. I have an L5740HSTC and had my brother putt some cb protection and it works great.

Attachments

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have had my L3560HSTC for 4 yrs. now and it runs great. I've been thru several regens and all went well. As was said, there was a problem with the EGR valve, My dealer sent a truck to pick up my tractor and put in the kit and returned my tractor the next day. I had open station Kubota's for years and finally got this one because I needed a cab for the winter, the older I get the worse I feel in the cold. The bonus was the AC and no bugs in the summer! Like was said, keep the door closed or you will lose it. My dealer said he keeps a pair in stock all the time and one customer replaces a door at least once a year. I go in the woods a lot and the cab protects me from all the brush and branches. I use to get hit in the face all the time but not now. Adjust the lights on the rear sides to just behind the tractor cab so you don't break them like I did.

Attachments

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I have had an L4060 for the past 2 1/2 years and 300 hours. Great machine, especially the HST features and cab.
I speced 2 rear remotes, 3rd function up front, window defrosters, and filled R4’s.
If you are concerned about garage storage, consider cab height. Mine doesn’t fit where I stored my previous L3410 height wise (40’ shipping container). It BARELY fits in my garage height wise, and apparently my door height is higher than most garages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I really do appreciate every ones comments. If someone has time could they measure the length from the bucket to the lift arms? Trying to get idea how room it will take up in garage. Thanks

Would be glad to, but not sure where you mean

Ashsaw

Nov 18, 2018
Yes I meant the length. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I ruled out new holland because the loader sticks out too far. Would take up too much room in garage. I'm not loading tri axles so loader height isn t a real concern.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
The L3560 grand is my third Kubota and by far my favourite, it's been a great tractor close to 600 hrs on it now in three years. It's comfortable, warm when you need it and cool in the summer. I keep her in a 40 ft shipping container that is over 9 ft tall. It looks like a tight fit in the picture but it's not a bad fit at all. I have the blower on the front right now so I can't get a measurement for you. This one will probably be my last tractor, I can't see needing anything more. Good luck with your decision.

Attachments