Grand L Custom Steps

grandltony

Equipment
Grand L6060HSTC
Jun 19, 2024
New Jersey USA
Was tired of seeing my dad have a hard time getting in and out of his Grand L 4060 so decided to fabricate him up a set up steps. Nice and easy to step right out now, no more having to do the half jump to get out our get out backwards. Going to make another set now that these worked out for my own machine and also get the newer Kubota paint color, the one was had was the older Kubota orange..
IMG_5548.jpg
IMG_5547.jpg
IMG_5546.jpg
IMG_5543.PNG
IMG_5542.PNG

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Work of art, thanks for sharing.

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Several years ago I made steps(2) for my grand L to make it easier to get in and out and was fortunate enough to be able to show the completed project to several japanese Kubota engineers. They took pictures but whether they will incorporate this sensible addition to the GRAND L is unknown . Of course I put them on the left side. There are also holes and brackets under the right side door that I fashioned a shelf that supported a tool box they took pictures of that also . Two inexpensive mods ( improvements) that make sense . I may still have pictures even though I have since downsized and ha have a smaller tractor but then at 82 I’m doing less

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Look great regardless of the orange paint difference. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. Fantastic job and I’m sure your pops is appreciative of them.
I hope my kids take care of me like this when I get older.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Good job! I want one for the other side of my cab!
Similar step is available from: specialtyrepairscustommods.com, .....in Bay Roberts, Nfld. CA.
Not cheap though.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looks great man!

I am sure your dad will appreciate it!

Did you have them cut out, or do you have a CNC plasma cutter?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
YA know there was another member in here, that was a real wizz on tractor mods, and he posted a lot of them. Until, some of his mods turned up on the tractors and some people copied his work and started to make these items as their own and sell them. And he never made a cent off these mods others have stolen. You did nice work, but ya might want to play it a little closer to the chest on some of your mods,,, just sayin

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What brand/model do you have?

I just got a Langmuir Crossfire Pro a few days ago.
Thanks for this post I just took a look at Langmuir products, and a plasma cutting table is definitely in my future. I do a lot of fabrication projects and it sure would be nice to be able to cut out pieces of steel using a cutting table. The prices seem very reasonable but I'll have to do more research before I pull the trigger on something like this. A Precision Matthews lathe and mill are in my future too but not until I've built a suitable welding/fabrication shop.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
YA know there was another member in here, that was a real wizz on tractor mods, and he posted a lot of them. Until, some of his mods turned up on the tractors and some people copied his work and started to make these items as their own and sell them. And he never made a cent off these mods others have stolen. You did nice work, but ya might want to play it a little closer to the chest on some of your mods,,, just sayin
The that fear you suggest, seems quite unnecessary.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Perhaps, but when a person makes a mod, posts it then it shows up either on a new mdl tractor or on someone else's site selling your ideas as theirs. It seems pretty obvious that you have been robbed violated if you will. Just MHO

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Perhaps, but when a person makes a mod, posts it then it shows up either on a new mdl tractor or on someone else's site selling your ideas as theirs. It seems pretty obvious that you have been robbed violated if you will. Just MHO
That's what the patent process is for. Even if you have a patent, anyone can copy and sell your design, but with a patent you might have a chance of reparations, or at least serve the violator with a "cease and desist" letter.

As for tractor mods, you might notice that the OP's design is very similar to the one made up in Canada, but that is most likely because there are few options in the design. I don't like the look of either version, and would never pay $450 for such a basic and cheap to make part. I would weld up a step if I needed one rather than simply bolt stuff together, but when a company has to ship the product it's often beneficial to make it fit in a small a box as possible.

If you have design, fabrication and welding skills you'll soon realize that most everything is overpriced by a significant margin.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
In this case, I think that is quite a stretch!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I did buy a BX step for uncle for Christmas from Specialty Repairs in Newfoundland Canidia...(pronounced canidia) it was expensive but fits perfectly and I enjoy supporting small business and sending my money abroad. Uncle is 83 and it really helps him.
The Grand L step is a piece of work. Very nice work. If anyone has a plasma table or works for a company that owns a lazar or water jet you can bang out patterns like that. Even a steady hand with a plasma cutter you can certainly cut the pattern.
My 'simple' wide running board step I love. Should anyone want to steal the design help yourself.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I did buy a BX step for uncle for Christmas from Specialty Repairs in Newfoundland Canidia...(pronounced canidia) it was expensive but fits perfectly and I enjoy supporting small business and sending my money abroad. Uncle is 83 and it really helps him.
The Grand L step is a piece of work. Very nice work. If anyone has a plasma table or works for a company that owns a lazar or water jet you can bang out patterns like that. Even a steady hand with a plasma cutter you can certainly cut the pattern.
My 'simple' wide running board step I love. Should anyone want to steal the design help yourself.
If only I had been your nephew!
I am 83 also, but had to buy my own step from them.
Great folks too!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My next vacation next year I hope to take the ferry from NS to Newfoundland and say Hi to Paul when we travel thru.