grading bucket

Xizervexius

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 23, 2021
Powell River, BC, Canada
I was doing a little task the other day, scraping a bunch of soil back from an ancient concrete slab, all the while thinking it sure would be easier if this backhoe bucket didn't have teeth...

Tractor Attachments.ca has a 14" cleaning up bucket (and they ship to the USA now for my friends on that side of the 48th)

and then wandered over to bxpanded to see what they have to offer...which was several different widths of 16", 24" , 30" and 36"!

While it sure would be great to have all them, that ain't happening. Wondering what would be the most versatile, I'm thinking 24" ? Anyone here used this, or the larger ones?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Why not fabricate a metal plate to go over your existing teeth to make a smooth bucket? I couple of small bolts could hold it on.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I don't have mine in front of me, but from my recollection the teeth are removable. (on a BH-77)

Don't get me wrong, another bucket would be cool as well.

I would think a either a 16 or 24 inch would be good.

The 24 inch would have a slight lead in my head. I'm thinking its just big enough to be very useful, but not too big so that it impedes digging.

But since I have never used one, it's all just speculation on my part.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I was doing a little task the other day, scraping a bunch of soil back from an ancient concrete slab, all the while thinking it sure would be easier if this backhoe bucket didn't have teeth...

Tractor Attachments.ca has a 14" cleaning up bucket (and they ship to the USA now for my friends on that side of the 48th)

and then wandered over to bxpanded to see what they have to offer...which was several different widths of 16", 24" , 30" and 36"!

While it sure would be great to have all them, that ain't happening. Wondering what would be the most versatile, I'm thinking 24" ? Anyone here used this, or the larger ones?
I'd rather have a 36-42" bucket with wrist for grading!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Teeth unbolt on a BX bucket...at least mine do.....
kinda surprised no one sells the 'flat bar' option....
24" as you're 'grading' NOT trying to 'remove' a huge bucket of dirt....

curious though , why you didn't use the factory supplied and installed, 48" grading blade on the other end of the BX23S ?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Why not fabricate a metal plate to go over your existing teeth to make a smooth bucket? I couple of small bolts could hold it on.
I have extra BH teeth.
Have a small piece of cutting edge welded across existing teeth, and use that edge for grading.
When wanting toothed edge, unbolt grading edge, and bolt on individual spare teeth.
Only takes a few minutes to swap.

Extra bucket for my L48 is modified in this way, (separate extra bucket would be $2,000), though my teeth have pins rather than bolts.
Bolts should be much easier to use.

Last edited:

Xizervexius

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 23, 2021
Powell River, BC, Canada
Teeth unbolt on a BX bucket...at least mine do.....
kinda surprised no one sells the 'flat bar' option....
24" as you're 'grading' NOT trying to 'remove' a huge bucket of dirt....

curious though , why you didn't use the factory supplied and installed, 48" grading blade on the other end of the BX23S ?
hah! Couldn't get in with it, too many obstacles and a tight area.