GR2110 Inconsistent idle after I get out of the seat

swallace

Oct 24, 2017
Maryland
Ok, that title was odd to write but here is the deal. I have a GR2110 and for about the last year when I set the brake and get off it will sometimes cut out completely, sometimes stumble then die, and on fewer and fewer occasions idle properly. It has something to do with the seat and I have changed out the safety switch but that didn't change the behavior. It doesn't seem to matter if the tractor is hot or cold and it will restart with just a turn of the key.

It has to be electrical, but what other connections should I be looking at? It is clearly related to the seat since it only happens when I leave the tractor. When I am in the seat it runs just fine. Are there other switches? I was thinking the brake switch but wouldn't that give me trouble starting too?

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Check and/or temporarily bypass the brake switch (if it is the run circuit as well as the start circuit), also check PTO switch, remembering when the engine is running the tractor is vibrating continuously not like when starting. Also, your seat switch comes into play when another feature like PTO etc is utilized, so I suspect the seat switch is OK, the fault is probably in another switch in the circuit. Do you have a wiring diagram?

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
It is more than likely the parking brake is not staying on or not completely engaging. I have the same problem with my GR 2120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swallace

Oct 24, 2017
Maryland
Thanks guys, I'll try to check it out this weekend. I did try to giggle the parking brake when engaged and it kept running.

I do not have a wiring diagram, is there a place I could pick one up? I'll look around now.