GR 2100 No Start

KubotaKat17

Equipment
Gr2100 L3800
Jun 18, 2023
Grapeland, Texas
Newbie Here. Recently Purchased Kubota Gr2100. Great Condition Mechanically & Cosmetics. New Issue after 2 months of use.
After sitting, will not Crank (electrical). New Battery & Cable Terminals. Mowed yesterday. Cranked right up. Today, No Luck.
Checked switch connections, seat, deck, brake, pto, solenoid etc. Could hear fuel pump click, throttle actuator. When you let off key the starter
solenoid could be heard. Finally, crossed solenoid terminals. Starter engaged, engine started then died. No Electrical anywhere.
Checked Fuses under dash panel. 10 amp fuse failed. Replaced it. Now I have "ZERO" Electrical ! Need Help ! Thank You

Somedays, I Get Brainstorms
Somedays, Just Rain

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You really NEED the wiring diagram and the WSM will help.
There's one for a GR2100EC at www.kubotabooks.com. Very simple wiring.Only 10A fuse I can see feeds the OPC (3A) as well as the grass container buzzer (1/2A).
If 'ZERO' means NOTHING powers up, then maybe the 40 amp slow blow main fuse has blown.
If that's the case, you probably have a wire chewed and shorted 'somewhere'.

Last edited:

KubotaKat17

Equipment
Gr2100 L3800
Jun 18, 2023
Grapeland, Texas
i
You really NEED the wiring diagram and the WSM will help.
There's one for a GR2100EC at www.kubotabooks.com. Very simple wiring.Only 10A fuse I can see feeds the OPC (3A) as well as the grass container buzzer (1/2A).
If 'ZERO' means NOTHING powers up, then maybe the 40 amp slow blow main fuse has blown.
If that's the case, you probably have a wire chewed and shorted 'somewhere'.
First, Let me say Thanks ! I have a WSM & just found the 40 amp Main Fuse. It doesn't look Blown.
Nothing electrical works. Hasn't had that issue before. Wonder if crossing the terminals on the Solenoid shorted something? the no crank (electrical) just happened the two last times I used the tractor. But only after sitting a day or so.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
'remote troubleshooting ' is 'fun'.....,obviously a lot easier when there.

Gotta start with the basics...
Confirm 12 volt at battery...
Confirm 12 volt at the 40A sloblo fuse...will also be at the 'outlet'.
Assuming the fuses are ATC style, test each(with key on ) for 12 volts

NO 'power' could also be a bad battery cable, or 'no ground' issue.

KubotaKat17

Equipment
Gr2100 L3800
Jun 18, 2023
Grapeland, Texas
'remote troubleshooting ' is 'fun'.....,obviously a lot easier when there.

Gotta start with the basics...
Confirm 12 volt at battery...
Confirm 12 volt at the 40A sloblo fuse...will also be at the 'outlet'.
Assuming the fuses are ATC style, test each(with key on ) for 12 volts

NO 'power' could also be a bad battery cable, or 'no ground' issue.
Thanks. Did a re-group. Test light at Battery post, Battery terminals, battery cables.
all showed power. no power at 40 SBF, no power to hot wire at solenoid, no power to elect.
fuel pump, no power to lights. decided to pull ign. switch. Switch is four position. Off,
On, Preheat, and Start. All had positions were Zero ohms. " EXCEPT", Preheat. Multimeter
showed it to be Faulty. So, a New Ignition Switch sounds like a Possible Fix. $80 is a
Tough Ticket. What do Ya'll THINK ??

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Replace both battery cables. With no voltage to the 40A SBF and starter big post, I suspect bad +12V battery cable. Actually I'd replace BOTH battery cables. ONE trip to store for both.If you don't, Murphy says you'll need the OTHER cable,grr, 2nd trip.....

With new cables, you should get 12v at the starter big lug and the 40A SBF. After that key needs to be on to supply power to the rest of the fuses and 'things'.

KubotaKat17

Equipment
Gr2100 L3800
Jun 18, 2023
Grapeland, Texas
Replace both battery cables. With no voltage to the 40A SBF and starter big post, I suspect bad +12V battery cable. Actually I'd replace BOTH battery cables. ONE trip to store for both.If you don't, Murphy says you'll need the OTHER cable,grr, 2nd trip.....

With new cables, you should get 12v at the starter big lug and the 40A SBF. After that key needs to be on to supply power to the rest of the fuses and 'things'.
You are Absolutely Right. Previous owner installed battery cable post terminals
that sandwiched battery cable. I had a Harbor Freight "junk" multimeter. Which gave
False Readings. Replaced both cables. Problem "FIXED" !! Thanks, So Much

Reactions: 1 user

KubotaKat17

Equipment
Gr2100 L3800
Jun 18, 2023
Grapeland, Texas
Newbie Here. Recently Purchased Kubota Gr2100. Great Condition Mechanically & Cosmetics. New Issue after 2 months of use.
After sitting, will not Crank (electrical). New Battery & Cable Terminals. Mowed yesterday. Cranked right up. Today, No Luck.
Checked switch connections, seat, deck, brake, pto, solenoid etc. Could hear fuel pump click, throttle actuator. When you let off key the starter
solenoid could be heard. Finally, crossed solenoid terminals. Starter engaged, engine started then died. No Electrical anywhere.
Checked Fuses under dash panel. 10 amp fuse failed. Replaced it. Now I have "ZERO" Electrical ! Need Help ! Thank You

Somedays, I Get Brainstorms
Somedays, Just Rain
A BIG THANKS for all the Reply's & Suggestions. With your Input. Problem Solved !!

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
So glad you came back to report your success!

Oftentimes folks don’t do that and it leaves the solution unknown.