Got a call from a bud today

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A fellow in the lodge picked up a used BX2360, he said he liked mine and said he would buy one if it every come to be. Well a friend of the family passed away and his family gave him first shot at the BX, and he bought for 2500 bucks,,, I hate people like him he is like a few in here that stuff falls in their laps,, lol but I digress. My Bud said he bought it and it was not running like he thought it should and would I mind looking at it. Now this thing looked like it just came off the showroom floor :eek: 130 some hours on it. MMM looked like it had been used a couple times all the stickers were still there, I dont think the push blade had ever been on the thing. SO he says it has no power,, OK lifted the hood and it is CLEAN, took the skirt of and pulled the air filer cover,, I dont think it had been changed since it was new. Hummm :confused:so I cleaned the canister and used his shop vac to suck out what I could from the filter. Looked at the deck again I doubt if the deck had ever been greased, since it was new. I pulled the radiator screen SHYT I dont know how air was even getting through. Took his leaf blower and blew down between the rad in the inside ,grass dirt and GKW blew out all over. And then I made him a list of things to buy,,, filters fuel and air, oil and hydraulic, and a 5 gallon can of SUDF 2 and call me when he had it. After I left he called and said it was running super and grass was looking good.

The old man had an Olds that looked the same, like off the showroom floor but never did anything to it till it broke.
The story really means nothing but for some strange reason I thought I would share

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Thou shall not covet thy neighbors smokin' hot Kubota deal.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Skeets I'm impressed! You directed him through the maintenance procedures like a pro. I thought you was the resident story teller and never paid much attention to much except gardening, bikes and guns, horses and ..... But you're well rounded in your knowledge.

You did good!:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wow,,, I am in fact, well rounded, everytime I look in the mirror I can see just how well rounded I am lol

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
I never fall into deals like that but I’ve got a buddy that attracts them like a magnet...

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow,,, I am in fact, well rounded, everytime I look in the mirror I can see just how well rounded I am lol
Ha! You're a hoot, skeets!

You did a great job walking him through basic maintenance points.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
We all know a guy like that. We all hate/admire them and covet their deals...