Gopher Getter

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
armylifer,
I tried to PM you this but it would not let me attach photo.
Here is a picture of my device for blowing up gophers.
Wear safety glasses and maybe a glove to keep from singing the hair on your hand when you fire it off. The dodad about 2/3 down the shaft is the igniter. I have been counting to 45 or 60 seconds and then turning propane down to lower setting and hitting the igniter.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Like me on Long Island as a kid...

We used sugar and salt-peter which makes TONS of smoke. Then we moved up to M-80's. Then we tried gasoline but it was a bust... only starting fires because we couldn't safely atomize it in the trench. Natural gas does that very well.

Probably very efficient too.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Pendoreille, thanks for the picture. I haven't had a chance to try what we discussed last Saturday yet but I intend to sometime in the next week or so. I am going to try for a few seconds first and work upward from there. I think that my roofing torch may have a higher rate of fuel flow than your device has. Therefore, I'll experiment with just a few seconds blast of fuel first. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that you don't read about me in the News Tribune.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I was talking to a buddy who purchased some kind of funnel made to go over the automobile exhaust pipe at the local farm store. You attach the funnel over your exhaust and stick the other end, with a hose like from your shop vac, in a fresh mole hole. According to the report, 20 minutes after the vehicle idles affected moles all give up!

He said he went in to buy a mole trap and the fellow lead him to this funnel.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Ever see the movie "Caddy Shack"? The grounds keepers ( Bill Murry) method would work well at irradicating gophers, moles etc, but you may have to redo a little yard work

Last edited:

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
I was talking to a buddy who purchased some kind of funnel made to go over the automobile exhaust pipe at the local farm store. You attach the funnel over your exhaust and stick the other end, with a hose like from your shop vac, in a fresh mole hole. According to the report, 20 minutes after the vehicle idles affected moles all give up!

He said he went in to buy a mole trap and the fellow lead him to this funnel.
I wonder if my BX with no pollution controls would be more effective for this than my clean-running Ram Ecodiesel.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Google YouTube Dan Garmon gopher blaster and you'll see my set up the are very impressive and get results.