Nice! I feel your pain. I used to cut a few acres with a MMM under my BX25 and it was a pain getting it on and off, and it was a pain to store. I bet you'll be a lot happier with that cutter. Is it a King Kutter model?I picked this 60” 3pt finish mower a few days ago. Gonna try mowing with it this year instead of my MMM. With all the other tractor work I do taking the MMM on and off every week starts to get laborious. If this works well then I will be selli by of my 60” MMM deck. View attachment 124670
Not sure the model. I am gonna hunt around on it to see if I can find and numbers. It is older and has surface rust, but everything is straight and the bearings are super quiet. If I like it I will hit it with a wire brush and a can of orange paint.Nice! I feel your pain. I used to cut a few acres with a MMM under my BX25 and it was a pain getting it on and off, and it was a pain to store. I bet you'll be a lot happier with that cutter. Is it a King Kutter model?
A few around the house, but pretty wide open after thatAs long as you don't have many obstacles to cut around, I suspect you'll be a lot happier with the RFM than the MMM.
Having to constantly look behind you gets tiring after four hours when the ZTR does the same job in 45 minutes. I'm not sure which is worse, the sore neck from looking back or sore back from riding on a pogo stick?As long as you don't have many obstacles to cut around, I suspect you'll be a lot happier with the RFM than the MMM.
I suspect you're right, but I've never had a ZTR and the OP didn't mention having one.Having to constantly look behind you gets tiring after four hours when the ZTR does the same job in 45 minutes. I'm not sure which is worse, the sore neck from looking back or sore back from riding on a pogo stick?
I mow with both snd from my experiwnce there are two downsides to a 3pt mower.A few around the house, but pretty wide open after that
I heard that the cut quality from my MMM would be better. I’m not a manicured lawn guy. More of a “I keep it cut and weedeated” kinda guy. As long as it is decent with this I am willing to sacrifice some cut quality.I mow with both snd from my experiwnce there are two downsides to a 3pt mower.
One is maneuverability but more significant for me is quality of cut. A 3pt finish mower cannot match the quality of cut you get with a highlift and higher speed mower deck. Thats why I use both - a Kubota G2160 with RCK60 deck for my "fairway" groomed lawn and a L3901 with Woods RD7200 for the "first cut rough".
Dan
Yes, property is flat and not too may obstacles. A few around the house, but not much besides that. A lot of times the wife will push mow the area around the obstacles to make the tractor mowing easier……she’s awesome like that.Should work just fine for you. Looks like the property is fairly flat with not many obstacles to maneuver around. Your turning radius (to cut) just got much larger but that doesn't look to be an issue considering the property.
It is 'side discharge' just your MMM is, so you are already familiar with having to use the left side to cut up close to objects and if you wait until the grass is very high you'll have 'wind rows' of discharge.
But I'd all in all, it was a smart move.![]()
The looking behind might become an issue. I have seen where people have installed a mirror to minimize it.Having to constantly look behind you gets tiring after four hours when the ZTR does the same job in 45 minutes. I'm not sure which is worse, the sore neck from looking back or sore back from riding on a pogo stick?
+1 on the ZTR !Having to constantly look behind you gets tiring after four hours when the ZTR does the same job in 45 minutes. I'm not sure which is worse, the sore neck from looking back or sore back from riding on a pogo stick?
I have used a ZTR before and they are nice, but not looking to get another machine.+1 on the ZTR !
I will probably try it with the FEL off. I think it should mow fine without it on. Biggest concern would be if I have to pick the mower up and drive around. The front tires get a little light even with the FEL on.I’ve been using a finish mower for a number of years and mine seems to cut great. I started out with a cheap used one I picked up for $250 just see if I liked it used it for 5 years, replaced the blades and a few other parts throughout. Came across a newer but used model last year. The blades were not that good but it cut well enough so I left them on, now I have a new set coming sometime this week.
I installed a mirror for the occasional glance but I’ve cut my lawn some many times I could probably do it with my eyes closed.
Also and I’m not sure with your tractor or if it’s worth your time but I take my FEL off while mowing. Makes the ride much better. In fact during the mowing season I leave it off until I need it. Good luck with your experiment.
Hadn’t thought about that, being to light in the front. My L3800 is a little heavier so I haven’t had that issue.I will probably try it with the FEL off. I think it should mow fine without it on. Biggest concern would be if I have to pick the mower up and drive around. The front tires get a little light even with the FEL on.