Glide Shift Transmissions

Kubotaman53

Equipment
Kubota 3130GST
I have a 2003 Kubota 3130 GST 4X4 tractor with loader. My tractor is currently at the dealer and they seem to be having troubles diagnosing the problem. Right now the unit is responding in different speeds than what is actually been selected with the GST shift lever. As an example if i gear up and shift into the 7th forward gear it reacts sometimes as if it is in high gear (12th) and respond up to 15mph which is top end for this tractor. The other instance occurred as i shuttled bewtween forward and reverse with a full bucket in 1st gear. The tractor moved forward at a much faster pace (more like 4th or 5th gear. This could be extremely dangerous obviously. I was able to replecate this event yesterday at the dealer but they are kind of stumped. They recently changed the electronic switch on the GST lever but don't beleive it has anything to do with current problem. I'm not convinced. See my post yesterday "need a gst expert"

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I have no idea, but hopefully your dealer will get it ironed out.

This is one reason I like a standard gear drive.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I wish I could tell you I'm an expert but I'm no help to you. I have had no issues with my 1999 grand L with GST. Was the switch replaced in the GST after the problem developed or before? I can't see where putting a clutch in would cause what you describe unless somebody goobered the gears or linkage.

Kubotaman53

Equipment
Kubota 3130GST
bit of a long story but i did not have any issues with the GST until directly after the clutch was replaced. I protested but at the end of the day i paid to have them remove, inspect and clean the hydraulic control module and this seemed to fix the original issue of the tractor lunging into the different gears instead of smoothly shifting. The service manager indicated that he suspected that the electronic switch was also malfuntioning and ordered one in. Once they installed the switch they believed everything was fine. When i got it back and started using it that is when i noticed the issue of tractor speed not reflecting the selected gear. Again i had no issues prior to bringing this in for the clutch replacement. That's what's so upsetting. As far as i'm concerned right now i have a safety issue that i plan on reporting to Kubota. Wonder if there is any recall on these?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Find out what fluid they used when they put it back together. The GST is very touchy like the HST is and doesn't like cheap fluid. It should have at least SUDT or higher grade fluid to work properly.