Get nothing when turning the key

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
I’m getting nothing when turning the key. everything is lighting up. Battery is good. Not even making a cranking sound.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Have you properly checked(tested) all the fuses. ?
Since 'everything is lighting up' you're getting something....NOT 'I'm getting nothing'...

Could also be corroded or vermin chewed wiring.
Might be a 'safety'' switch gone bad.
I suspect a fuse though without the correct wiring diagram can't go further.
I don't know if there's a computer or worse yet, that someone has 'bodged' the wiring !

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
Since 'everything is lighting up' you're getting something....NOT 'I'm getting nothing'...

I don't know if there's a computer or worse yet, that someone has 'bodged' the wiring !
[/QUOTE

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Also check to be sure that the PTO lever did not get bumped out of the neutral position. That will prevent starting.

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
I had been running it all day and shut it off for a few minutes. Hopped back on and got nothing.

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
Occasionally I had an issue when the forward or reverse, peddle was up or down and it did the same. I would just tap it and it’ll start up. I tapped/messed with and nothing. Is there something with that, that can go bad?

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Could be something minor,or it could be something major. On the other hand it might be a combination of something minor and something major. I've found using a multimeter to systematically track it down is quicker and more productive than 20 questions.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Usually this exact problem is a safety switch. Not familiar with the ins and outs of a B7500, but they're all reasonably similar.

The switches that will see your tractor light up but not start are:
  • seat (operator presence). My switch bent one time, so even sitting in the seat it didn't register. This should only be a problem though if you press the HST and/or engage PTO, you can start it without sitting in the seat
  • HST not centred. Maybe needs a bit of a bump to centre back
  • PTO engaged. Check the PTO clutch
Any one of these could give these exact symptoms, particularly if it was going then just wouldn't start again.

Reactions: 1 user

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I've had a similar experience. The problem was in the starter and I'm not sure how to describe the solution. My neighbor found it after I had tried numerous things. The starter magnets were not pulling the cogged gear that contacts the flywheel back into the housing. Looking down at the front of the engine the cogged gear will be visible. Using a long-handled screwdriver, all I had to do was put a little pressure on that part to push it back a little and the tractor starts right up. I have purchased a new starter but haven't installed it yet. May be worth a try!

Tractor Gal