G1800 won't turn over whatsoever

G1800user

Equipment
Kubota G1800 diesel hst
Sep 15, 2017
Crossville
Hey fellas, I made sure to look at other threads to find a solution and couldn't, so... I have a g1800 HST diesel and have had problems getting it to start. Originally I had to replace the PTO engagement plug (I believe that's what it's called) and afterwards it started and ran fine. I've been starting it once a week just to be safe. Well this past Monday I started my routine of running it and it wouldn't even start to crank. Figured the battery is low or dead so charged it on low, fast and engine start setting while trying to start it in between each setting. Didn't work. Battery is fully charged. Tried googling everything from solenoid to ignition switch. (Tbh I really don't knowuch about maintenance on diesel lawn mowers) i bypassed the PTO plug to see if that was the problem again and it wasn't. So, where could the problem be? Also idk if this may be a factor but when you go to warm the glow plugs the light only stays on for like 3 seconds and then goes off... Please help this is driving me crazy lol thanks!!

G1800user

Equipment
Kubota G1800 diesel hst
Sep 15, 2017
Crossville
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the solenoid is on the left side of engine and starter is on the right... Was thinking about trying to hotwire/jump start it... Can I??

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Check your battery cable connection at the battery, frame and starter. Often, corrosion will keep the negative battery cable from grounding properly to the frame. Clean them all and see what happens. Other than that, you might have a bad saftey switch in the seat, pto or sometimes the brake.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Need to find out what the voltage is at the starter while cranking. Lower than about 10v, and battery is either low, dead, or perhaps a connection issue. Higher than that, chances are good that there's either a switch that's failing or a wiring problem.

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
You might have a liquid lock too. Can you turn the engine over by hand? Liquid of some type getting into a cylinder? It's rare, but a stuck injector might drip enough fuel into a cylinder to make it impossible tor the engine to rotate. Rare but not impossible.