g1700 fuel shutoff solenoid

kjbkubota

New member

Equipment
g1700,m9000,m7040
May 5, 2018
7
0
1
british columbia
I have a g1700 diesel that the fuel shutoff solenoid activates intermitantly until it warms up, does anybody have any ideas ???
 

lugbolt

Well-known member

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
5,515
2,228
113
Mid, South, USA
check all connections. Very common for them to become corroded, dirty, etc. There are SEVERAL connectors in the wiring harness that can give issues, and one is a bear to access (under the steering pedestal). If all good, check (and clean) the ground wire from battery to frame, then make sure the engine's grounded from engine to frame as well. If that's ok, look real close at the battery. If the battery is not held into the tray, it rattles around and will contact the muffler heat shield, and cause all sorts of issues.

Last resort is the combination box. There is some reference to 'repairing' it...though I've not had any luck. I have a stash of 2 or 3 of 'em and if I have a tractor in the shop that exhibits issues, and all else is "ok", I'll plug my "test box" into it. My test box is a potted box; no way to repair anything BUT I do think that some of the early boxes had a circuit board that was repairable. I just haven't seen one yet.