Fuel Gauge Issue with new L2501

Sabaton617

Jul 22, 2017
Alvarado,MN USA
Two weeks ago I got a brand new L2501. The fuel gauge seemed to working properly at first when the tractor was delivered with the gauge reading half full. However now the gauge reads full even though the tank is only about half full. I've filled the tank completely full twice and seen this false reading both times after running the tractor for several hours and the tank was really only half full. I called and spoke with my dealer and spoke to someone who provided a reason why this occurring. He said the tank is designed in a way that the fuel gauge will read full until is reaches a point less than half full then the fuel gauge needle will move and then be accurate. Is this explanation accurate? Nothing I've seen in the owner's manual or online had this reason why it takes so long for the fuel gauge to be accurate to amount of fuel in the tank.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I went through something similar with my L3560 - I ALWAYS store my tractor with full fuel to avoid water. I had a very long 8 hours on the tractor yesterday and the gauge finally came off full after 4 gallons. Run ur tractor awhile and see if you don't notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Your tank is made up of a main bottom section and an extended part top section, the float is in the bottom so I expect it will not read the top section, therefore the first "X" gallons will not change the registration on the guage. Have a look under the hood at the shape of the tank, or online in the parts manual.
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
Yes. What your dealer said is accurate. I posted a similiar question about my 2501. It kept reading full and then close to full when I first got it. First time I went to fill it up it took 7 gallons (10 gallon tank) and I thought my gauge was broke. What the other posters had said is correct. The tank is a tear drop kind of shape (or the shape of the oil pan on your car engine). Therefore it takes a while to burn thru the fuel at the top of the tank until you get to the lower portion of the tank when the gauge kicks in. Hope that made sense. Just keep your tank full. The bigger reason would be to keep water/condensate from building up, secondary you won't run out of fuel.