Fuel Cans

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
What's the purpose for gas/diesel cans that suck? I bought an new 5 gallon diesel can from Home Depot about a month ago and it is worthless. What a PITA. I had diesel all over me, the tractor, ground, and everywhere else just trying to put diesel in the tank. Absolutely stupid design. Why do I feel the government has something to do with this? I just don't get it. Just put a good nozzle on it, a vent hole, and that is it. No spills. I pulled a nozzle off another gas can I no longer use. I will have to make a vent hole.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just be careful with the valve stem vents. Some of them will turn into liquid rubber. The first ones I used did that, got a different brand and they are working good. Should have wrote it down but didn't. One of them was the brand name "Slime". Good or bad?????

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Yeah good point ipz2222, meant to say that. Valve stem rubber isn't rated as fuel proof, and it can crack/fall into the gas/dissolve, but interestingly the set I got seems to be ok so far. I may just end up switching to a set of those yellow vents that we USED to get on our gas cans. Sold on ebay cheap.

And it's just a 1/2inch drill bit to fit the stem/valve.