fubared the fel cross support on LA524

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
So a couple of days ago I was working in the woods trying to encourage a couple of rocks out of the ground with the bucket. Basically working the tooth bar under as much as possible and the using a combination of curl and lift to try to pop them out. Managed to get the 2 out but. . .

Yesterday I used the loader to lift up and move an office desk. When it was lifted pretty high I could see the right side was significantly higher than the left. Afterwards I inspected the cross tube and it is bent :(

So is cutting it out and (after leveling everything) welding in a new tube the only option? Anyone do this before?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You should check for other bent parts as well. That cross tube (I assume main frame crossbar) is pretty strong and I would expect other parts on the loader to buckle before it does. No experience on this..I know some have had loaders bent back at body shops. Not sure if that would work in your case.

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
are you talking about the crossbar between the quick attach bracket? OR the big 6" dia cross bar between the main frames?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So a couple of days ago I was working in the woods trying to encourage a couple of rocks out of the ground with the bucket. Basically working the tooth bar under as much as possible and the using a combination of curl and lift to try to pop them out. Managed to get the 2 out but. . .

Yesterday I used the loader to lift up and move an office desk. When it was lifted pretty high I could see the right side was significantly higher than the left. Afterwards I inspected the cross tube and it is bent :(

So is cutting it out and (after leveling everything) welding in a new tube the only option? Anyone do this before?
Assuming you are talking about the SSQA mount they bend like toothpicks.

Put the bent side up against a big ass tree and use hydraulic and traction power to bend/twist it back. Then make a mental note that you will quickly forget to not do that again.

Dan

Reactions: 4 users