Front spindles leaking on BX2660

GNNOVA

Mar 11, 2014
New Park, PA, US
I have a BX2660 that has the typical front spindles leaking. What I have a question about is how much up and down movement is allowed before the bearings need in the spindleto be replaced. The bearings that I am talking about are the ones on the vertical shaft that the spindle rotates on for steering. Mine have some movement not much so do I need to replace them when I replace the seals? I think I do but wanted to ask first if there is a allowable tolerance pass or fail.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
If you are going through all the work of taking these apart, I would certainly replace the bearings and any other parts that show wear. I did them both on my B7200 over the years and took some time. When I did mine it was immediately after the presence of the oil leak. On one of mine the inner race of the lower bearing had split in two. Heavy loader work especially without a proper weight on rear of tractor are the hardest on these spindles. Any movement in these bearings is an indication to me that they need to be replaced.

Reactions: 1 user

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I have only had to replace the spindle seals once on the B2410. It was a significantly moderate job time and work wise... so I, in an abundance of caution, replaced the spindle bearings and the axle bearings.
Anything to keep Mr. Murphy and his onerous Law Book at bay.....