Front snowblower on new BX2380

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Quick question....
With the 2lever quick coupler, is there a front snowblower that can be used utilizing it?

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
BX1880 here. Has the quick coupler for the loader. The Kubota snowblower doesn't use it. Out of the box snowblower uses two of the hydraulic ports for the hitch to mount it. IF you get hydraulic controls for the blower (costs extra) will use the other two ports. Comes with hoses that individually connect. Works fine though, no issues.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you want a snow blower that will attach to FEL on the SSQA attachment.

You can get them, but the price will scare you.

Your BX does not have enough Hydraulic flow to run a hydraulic powered blower without a hydraulic power unit.

Or you could get a self powered blower that has an SSQA mount.
And if you want one lucky you they are made just east of you in Ponderay, ID.

https://mtenorthidaho.com/

As I think atitus is trying to tell you, that the better option is a different frame mounted quick hitch.
That option has you remove the FEL and install a frame mounted Quick hitch with PTO drive.

Last edited:

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Well, damn.. one of the biggest selling points was how easily all the front end implements could be changed out with this system. My need was to be able to switch easily between the FEL and snowblower to deal with deferring needs during my winter storms. It’s being delivered in a few days with a nice heated cab, but have yet to purchase a snow blower. I think I’m too old and stiff to deal with a rear mounted 3 point unit on a half mile driveway......

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well, damn.. one of the biggest selling points was how easily all the front end implements could be changed out with this system. My need was to be able to switch easily between the FEL and snowblower to deal with deferring needs during my winter storms. It’s being delivered in a few days with a nice heated cab, but have yet to purchase a snow blower. I think I’m too old and stiff to deal with a rear mounted 3 point unit on a half mile driveway......
Yea Adams should have done a better job of explaining the limitations of the Tractor / FEL and the other available options.

The front mount snowblower Quick attach also works for the quick attach snow plow.

But yes you can get a FEL snow plow too.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
So, if I get the standard snowblower that mounts to the mid pto, how involved is it, time wise, to mount and dismount to get back to the FEL?

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
So, if I get the standard snowblower that mounts to the mid pto, how involved is it, time wise, to mount and dismount to get back to the FEL?
I have a BX 2370-1 and can go from the front end loader to the snowblower in about 1/2.hr and of course the other way around !!!

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Yes, sorry for any confusion, I assumed you were asking about the Kubota blower which is PTO powered but can use hydraulics for the chute (optional). On the 80 series I can switch from blower to FEL very quick, prob 10 mins max but I will admit the quick hitch is heavy and if at some point I become less capable physically it will become a problem.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
FWIW on my BX1880 I can take off the FEL, attached the Quick front hitch and install the snowblower in about 20 minutes tops....its not exactly as easy as dropping one implements and picking up another. Another option would be to use the snowplow that shares the same front quick hithc as the snowblower but it wouldnt give you FEL-like lifting capabilities...would just be better for low volume 1-2" events. Some use a back blade and a front blower, too.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Thanks for the responses guys! So, it doesn’t sound like a huge deal. It’s just that being in my 70’s, I don’t move as well anymore. It sounds doable though. I plow with an ATV that has a soft cab, but blowing with an open garden tractor is a killer for me. I’m thinking now that maybe I can use the bucket more to get rid of the berms after plowing and keep the blowing needs to a minimum. I will definitely need a box scraper or something to repair washouts in the driveway and spreading gravel when needed...

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for the responses guys! So, it doesn’t sound like a huge deal. It’s just that being in my 70’s, I don’t move as well anymore. It sounds doable though. I plow with an ATV that has a soft cab, but blowing with an open garden tractor is a killer for me. I’m thinking now that maybe I can use the bucket more to get rid of the berms after plowing and keep the blowing needs to a minimum. I will definitely need a box scraper or something to repair washouts in the driveway and spreading gravel when needed...
I'm using 2782b front mount blower, with b1560 box scraper on back, never need the fel in winter. B2650 tractor. The blower sends the snow 40-50 ft away, don't have any snow banks or ridges to move afterwards. And the box scraper moves snow away from walls/structures and scrapes away ice like a champ.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm using 2782b front mount blower, with b1560 box scraper on back, never need the fel in winter. B2650 tractor. The blower sends the snow 40-50 ft away, don't have any snow banks or ridges to move afterwards. And the box scraper moves snow away from walls/structures and scrapes away ice like a champ.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'll second this sentiment. I have three B-series tractors, all with front-mounted blowers and rear-mounted blades, two of the blades being box scrapers. I feel zero need for a FEL during the winter. And we get a LOT of snow.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
My driveway is the problem. It winds uphill for about a half mile. It’s cut into the side of a hill with a bank going up on one side and a steep drop off on the other. My scenario has been to plow as close to the drop off as possible and then use the blower to keep the driveway wide enough during a heavy winter. But I can’t get close enough to the edge to blow all the accumulated snow over the bank. Rapid snow melt in the spring is what eats up the driveway. I was thinking that with FEL I would have the option to simply push all the snow out and over the bank....

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a couple banks that I wouldn't care to go over by accident, and so I would second and third your instinct that a rear mounted snow blower would be a bad idea. My front snowblower is aggravating for arthritic hands to remove such that I wouldn't want to do it midwinter. The subframe for the B sized blower is pretty heavy by my standards. If you are young and strong it could be quick as the guys have said. But I have had no need to use the FEL for snow. With a hydraulic chute you can strategize where you want the blown snow to accumulate. I would suggest trying a front blower first, and then add a rear blade if needed.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My driveway is the problem. It winds uphill for about a half mile. It’s cut into the side of a hill with a bank going up on one side and a steep drop off on the other. My scenario has been to plow as close to the drop off as possible and then use the blower to keep the driveway wide enough during a heavy winter. But I can’t get close enough to the edge to blow all the accumulated snow over the bank. Rapid snow melt in the spring is what eats up the driveway. I was thinking that with FEL I would have the option to simply push all the snow out and over the bank....
I know your situation (I live up here) let me tell you this, your really not going to be able to get any closer or push it off an further with a FEL than you will with a blower.
The out reach is not all that great, and if you drop the front wheels over the slope or edge... :eek: all I have to say is you don't want to do that! ;)

One option is a off set rear blade (six way) to push off the edges without getting close to them.

https://www.everythingattachments.c...Blade-for-Compact-Tractors-p/eta-value-sb.htm

Another good option is a FEL snow plow as that will give you a wider push off option.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I like that 6 way blade idea, but that particular one may be a bit much for the little 23hp BX with a cab. They don’t distinguish different power requirements between the different sizes. I doubt the 60” one would offset enough for me. I’ll look deeper into that option though, thanks. It would be nice to have one machine to do all the winter chores with and stay dry at the same time....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I like that 6 way blade idea, but that particular one may be a bit much for the little 23hp BX with a cab. They don’t distinguish different power requirements between the different sizes. I doubt the 60” one would offset enough for me. I’ll look deeper into that option though, thanks. It would be nice to have one machine to do all the winter chores with and stay dry at the same time....
A 60" will offset 30"+ inches as they pivot at the front pushing the center beam to the side.

And yes your tractor will handle that blade in off set for snow, It would be pressing it for dirt or ice.

You will need chains wheel weights and loaded tires.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
They are going to fill the tires before delivery. From what I’ve read chained are really a tight fit on this model so I will get some wheel spacers. I’ll have all summer to deal with it. It’s looking like I’ll go ahead with the front snowblower with the rear offset blade. If for some reason I need the FEL during the winter I’ll just deal with it. Thanks for all the help. It will probably never snow again.....

RockPileGardener

Equipment
BX2380, loader, snowblower, mowing deck, bagger
Mar 13, 2019
Canton, CT
One more point about the FEL. You can change it out quickly so long as you have a flat surface to work on. I have to remove mine in a shed that's not quite deep enough and the rear tires are a little lower than the front. Makes the changeover a little challenging. But if you can do it on a flat surface like a garage it's pretty quick.

DC