Forward And Reverce Pedal Blowes 5 Amp Panel/OPC Fuse

rancher1524

Equipment
Tractor LX4020 B3350SU
May 11, 2016
Evans, Washington
I have a Kubota B3350SU that starts fine but when you depress the Forward and Reverse Pedal the engine stops and the 5 amp fuse for the Panel/OPC blows. I checked all the wiring for frayed or chewed spots and found none. I removed the Neutral Safety Switch and tested it for continuity and it worked OK. I jumped the Neutral Safety Switch plug and the tractor started and drove fine in forward and reverse without blowing the 5 amp fuse. Could the Neutral Safety Switch have an intermittent short causing the 5 amp fuse to blow.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have a Kubota B3350SU that starts fine but when you depress the Forward and Reverse Pedal the engine stops and the 5 amp fuse for the Panel/OPC blows. I checked all the wiring for frayed or chewed spots and found none. I removed the Neutral Safety Switch and tested it for continuity and it worked OK. I jumped the Neutral Safety Switch plug and the tractor started and drove fine in forward and reverse without blowing the 5 amp fuse. Could the Neutral Safety Switch have an intermittent short causing the 5 amp fuse to blow.
Yes, it is not uncommon for the hydrostat control pedal safety switch to intermittently be shorting to the ground which can blow the 5 amp fuse.

Reactions: 1 users