Flat Tire

skyking256

Equipment
BX 2370-1
Mar 25, 2015
Boiling Springs, NC
About a week after I had my new BX2370-1 the right front went flat. Checked valve stem and tire for any signs of a hole, none. Pumped tire back up and it held for about a week. Urgh! I tried to overinflate to seat the bead better but still was going down after a couple of days. I think dealer knew about this before delivery since he has offered a new tire and wheel under warranty. I have a feeling it was flat sitting on the lot and they just pumped it up and shipped it.
I also had the cap coming loose off the overflow tank, factory trimmed to much plastic off the lip so cap won't stay snapped closed. Apparently the new vehicle inspection didn't catch the cap being loose either??? Dealer taking care of me though.
Anybody else having problem with the front tire beads not sealing?

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
About a week after I had my new BX2370-1 the right front went flat. Checked valve stem and tire for any signs of a hole, none. Pumped tire back up and it held for about a week. Urgh! I tried to overinflate to seat the bead better but still was going down after a couple of days. I think dealer knew about this before delivery since he has offered a new tire and wheel under warranty. I have a feeling it was flat sitting on the lot and they just pumped it up and shipped it.
I also had the cap coming loose off the overflow tank, factory trimmed to much plastic off the lip so cap won't stay snapped closed. Apparently the new vehicle inspection didn't catch the cap being loose either??? Dealer taking care of me though.
Anybody else having problem with the front tire beads not sealing?
Have had one loose air a bit.......but I pumped it back up ......havent had one spin on the rim yet.........yet!:)

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Leaking front tires on BXs are not uncommon, some just put a tube in, I had mine replaced twice before I got one that didn't leak.

skyking256

Equipment
BX 2370-1
Mar 25, 2015
Boiling Springs, NC
I had read somewhere this was a known problem on the BX's. Sounds like an engineering problem with the tire bead or the rim. I was going to try and seal the bead with grease or a little brake fluid, anything to soften the rubber to make it seal. Unfortunately my tire tools are still packed (still moving) and the closet dealer is 30+ miles away, not a lunch hour trip. Not an easy fix and would kill a whole Saturday, so I just emailed the dealer, he offered new tire and rim, problem solved, hopefully.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
I was out digging an electrical trench today.
Noticed the right front tire was low.
Added some air and now the bead is leaking like crazy! :eek::mad::confused::eek:
Must be tire day!

Found this and will give it a try.

Ray

Attachments

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
I was out digging an electrical trench today.
Noticed the right front tire was low.
Added some air and now the bead is leaking like crazy! :eek::mad::confused::eek:
Must be tire day!

Found this and will give it a try.

Ray
you are in luck it is a good product,and has worked for me.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Well I poped the bead to take a look and found that dirt and a piece of branch worked its way into the rim/bead.
Washed all the dirt and now it is sealed.

Eill take the other one apart to check and clean.
I guess these tires are not meant to go in dirt! :Dj

Attachments

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I had the front right go flat while moving several bucket of rocks. I did not notice that it went flat until after carrying several bucket of rocks for a couple of hours. When I put air in it I noticed that the tire went flat again in a couple of days. When I took the wheel off and checked for leaks in a water tank I noticed that I had several sidewall slow leaks. I simply drove it too far while flat. I took a can of slime and filled the tire with air and rolled the tire around on it's side and then checked for a leak again. The slime sealed the leaks in the sidewall and I have not had a flat tire in more than a year. I know that I will have to replace the tires sometime in the future but for now at lest the tire is holding air. One thing that I learned through all of that is that the recommended pressures are not really enough. I now run 20 pounds in the rear and 35 pounds in the front. That seems to be the best for me for what I do with my tractor.