First tractor - wait for bx2380?

Wings

Nov 5, 2016
Central Ohio
In the market for a tractor and think I narrowed it down to a BX. I'm curious as to if I should wait for the BX2380 or just go with the BX2370 (my dealer mentioned April release) - other than potential snow removal I probably won't be doing much with the tractor until spring.

My land is a 5acre soybean field that I am building a house on and will be converting to lawn/pasture. Will need to do some grading and doing the final dressing of my construction drive (~550 ft long)

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
If the model 70 was a lot less dough and you need it to bucket or snowblow....I'd get the 70 now. But if its the same price and you don't need it...I'd save $5.k by spring , put down a big deposit and get a bigger model.
But that's me.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
This is what I know so far about the 80 series:
lower rops
one piece hood design
stay on the tractor to remove the loader
joy stick at your hip
SSL type implement attachment

Pat

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Pat's right. All the changes on the 80 series are from frequent beefs about the current model. Not enough though perhaps based on price. If they are close in price, I would get the 80. I just purchased this spring a 2014 BX25D with only 47 hours on it. Love it. But seeing the new features on the 80, I do have a bit of a wish for that new model. The lower ROPS would be the best as I have 4 garage doors, and all of them are too low for my ROPS to be left up. One garage door is worth the $1000 difference in cost.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I heard that the 80 series TLB the 23S will have the taller ROPS, only the non BH version get the shorter ROPS.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I haven't seen enough difference in the 80 Series for me to pay $1500 more. It may be for some, just not me.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I bought my bx1870 this spring and almost immediately heard about it being replaced by a new model. I was worried about buyer's remorse, but now that I've seen the spec., glad I didn't wait a whole year, especially if the price difference is $1500.

lordulrich

Equipment
BX 2370, 60 MMM, Loader, Front Mount Snow Blower, Landpride 3 pt blade, Tiller
Jul 28, 2016
SE Minnesota
I bought a BX2370 a little over a month ago, I did not have any regrets about the purchase until I read this.

This is what I know so far about the 80 series:
lower rops
one piece hood design
stay on the tractor to remove the loader
joy stick at your hip
SSL type implement attachment

Pat

Then I thought about it for a little bit, the ROPS does not impact me much as I only have one door it won't fit in now and that door will be getting modified for other reasons (not a door I'd use often anyway)

One peice hood would be nice, but reality is I'm not going to be doing much more than the routine service / fluid change myself anyway, more complex and it will go to the dealer, with the current design it is hard to check coolant levels but otherwise not a big deal for me. Even the routine service I only expect to happen twice a year for my use, I'm not using it for work, but for home chores.

Loader removal from the seat would be nice but I use the loader enough that I don't see taking it off except for when I put on the snow blower. Now if I could keep the blower mount on and have the loader on, it would be a different story.

The joystick at the hip would be real nice, it was one of only 2 thinks I liked more about John Deer when I was looking (the other is the seat fit my rounder shape better), but not enough for more than a few hundred dollars more.

The SSL implement attachment, this one would be really nice. Especially if the snow blower can be attached to it (don't see that happening). It would allow for easier access to attachments like grapple buckets, but I am curious if the loader capacity will increase, as that seems like the bigger constraint.

That is just my opinion. For my situation I'm happy I got the 2370, it is a great little machine.

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
When I read about the 80 series.. for a minute I thought I should trade up as my 2370 is less then a year old.. then I thought about it.. I do take My fel of each week in the summer when I cut the grass.. but that only takes 3 minutes.. I really don't like the look of the hood.. makes me think of a giant bug... or a mhindria.. I quite like the look of my bx.. but the joystick moved would be nice.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Joystick loader controls are great, who cares about a one piece hood, shorter ROPS a bonus but none of that equates to $1500 more. Ive had my loader off twice. I prefer to keep it on when bush hogging to act as a bumper for large obstacles or to instantly remove a rock in my path.

I thought I heard the 80 series ditched the exposed fan underneath?

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Joystick loader controls are great, who cares about a one piece hood, shorter ROPS a bonus but none of that equates to $1500 more. Ive had my loader off twice. I prefer to keep it on when bush hogging to act as a bumper for large obstacles or to instantly remove a rock in my path.

I thought I heard the 80 series ditched the exposed fan underneath?
I would beg to differ on the one piece hood. The 70 and prior with grille guard.

step 1 remove 4 bolts and nuts and remove grille guard
step 2 pop hood, unscrew two thumb nuts till loose
step 3 partially lower the hood to about 2 inches to attach the strap to hold it at the right height so it clears the lower hood.
step 4 slide out the lower hood.

The Massey GC series one piece hood
Step 1 pull on release tab

Pat

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I would beg to differ on the one piece hood. The 70 and prior with grille guard.

step 1 remove 4 bolts and nuts and remove grille guard
step 2 pop hood, unscrew two thumb nuts till loose
step 3 partially lower the hood to about 2 inches to attach the strap to hold it at the right height so it clears the lower hood.
step 4 slide out the lower hood.

The Massey GC series one piece hood
Step 1 pull on release tab

Pat
I'll gladly do that for $1500. I am comparing the BXXX70 with a BXXX80, not a Massey GC Series.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You were taking this too much to heart! Since only the dealers that went to Texas for the national dealer meeting have seen the 80 series as of yet and since I have not seen the pricing from Kubota than $1500 is pure speculation!

The reference to the GC series was just that! Since they have the one piece hood!!!!!

Pat

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
I like it, the new models look great. I'm not sure if any of the (albeit nice) new options are enough to make me part with my 2360, but it's good to see Kubota addressing customer beefs and advancing. Any ideas on pricing yet?

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Yep, saw that thread and Messick chimed in on another forum that it does not have position control and doesn't know if it still has the vulnerable HST fan.

I had hoped Kubota would do a whole new design like JD when they went from the 2305 to 1025R, we traded our 2305 in on a 1025R, much better tractor.

I personally wouldn't trade either of my BXs in on a BX80 nor would I buy one new, just my opinion; may be good as sliced bread for others.

There is a thread on this on TBN.

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
I just saw this post. I am in the same boat. I have a quote for a 2370 and after learning more about the new 80 series I'm torn.

Im really impatient and dont want to wait for my new tractor, but if the price is only a small bump it could be worth waiting for the 80. After all it would only change the payment a few dollars.

Any idea on when the new machines will hit the dealers? Also do you think the rebates will be even better on the 70 series once the dealers get the 80s or will all the 70's be sold by then?