First tractor L 2501

Bigshooter

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Nov 26, 2015
Minnesota
Same here, have had it one week. So far I've dug a hole and then filled it back in after installing a Hydraulic pressure/load gauge near the joystick.

Was able to get a full scoop on the first try, and ran out of traction with loaded tires before I ran out of HP..... which was my only concern pre-purchase... the size of the engine.

I think it will serve us very well and am anxiously waiting for springtime for landscaping and yard projects, then fall for wood gathering.

Robert3301

Equipment
L3301 HST
Dec 1, 2015
South Carolina
I bought one a couple weeks ago and have been tickled to death by my decision to get it! I initially started out looking at the 3301/3901 but I was always nervous about owning a DPF tractor as all my other tractors are older and don't have any emissions stuff whatsoever. I kept hearing that if you ran the new tractors at high rpm's that they would be fine but I didn't want to have to do that ALL the time. Then I asked my dealer about the L2501 and he basically said it was the best kept secret Kubota has and once people found out about them they'd be flying off the lot. He had already sold 3 the week I bought mine and he had more of those in stock than the 3301 or 3901. He said he'd been in business long enough to know that once the L2501 caught on that all his stock he ordered would be a wise move on his part because dealers would be calling him to want to trade.

I, too, was worried about the power but upon my research I saw that Massey is doing the same thing with their 17E series but Kubota has the largest 25hp engine out of everyone in the market. So, apparently Kubota isn't the only one who is finding a way around the Teir 4 stuff.

JD88

Equipment
L 2501
Dec 26, 2015
Ignacio Colorado
I was told that you can turn the hp up to around 33hp that they turned them down to get away from the dpf it would be nice to have a little more. And also what kind of weight have you guys picked with the bucket I'm hoping I can pick around 800lbs but I think I'm pushing it

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was told that you can turn the hp up to around 33hp
I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you been feed some male cow excrement. ;):D

You can not "turn up the power" Kubota motors are not designed that way, not not even this new of one.
If you could they would have just used the same motor in every tractor and just kept "turning it up" to get to the HP they wanted.

Kubota motors are designed to get the most out of every square inch of each model engine, they would gain nothing by downgrading it just to beat emissions standards, they are not Volkswagen, and this is not a computer controlled engine that a computer can be tweaked.

Last edited:

Bigshooter

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Nov 26, 2015
Minnesota
I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you been feed some male cow excrement. ;):D

You can not "turn up the power" Kubota motors are not designed that way, not not even this new of one.
If you could they would have just used the same motor in every tractor and just kept "turning it up" to get to the HP they wanted.

Kubota motors are designed to get the most out of every square inch of each model engine, they would gain nothing by downgrading it just to beat emissions standards, they are not Volkswagen, and this is not a computer controlled engine that a computer can be tweaked.
Actually, that's exactly what they seem to have done here with the L2501. As for the "turn it up", that remains to be seen.

Robert3301

Equipment
L3301 HST
Dec 1, 2015
South Carolina
This displacement engine is used in their mini excavators up to 34hp I believe. Not sure if it's the same model engine but the displacement is identical.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
bunker,, what do you mean,, wet year and not enough seat time?? Just get out and get stuck in the mud. No , that won't work,, youl;l get foot time in the mud but no seat time.. I actually got mine stuck in a small creek yesterday.

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
I like mine, although low range is needed to go up the steeper grades with the BH attached and a loader full of dirt.:)

Bigshooter

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Nov 26, 2015
Minnesota
So far I like what I'm hearing and what do you think it will pick with the fel
The FEL manual I have shows a rating curve of about 2600 at the pins at ground level and about 1100 at max height (95 inches) at the pins. That's just for the loader arms, the curl function has it's own rating.

Bunker Buster

Equipment
2015 L2501DT
bunker,, what do you mean,, wet year and not enough seat time?? Just get out and get stuck in the mud. No , that won't work,, youl;l get foot time in the mud but no seat time.. I actually got mine stuck in a small creek yesterday.
Haha, I don't play in the mud anymore, I hate the cleanup! Plus, if I got the tractor stuck, then I'd have to get the rock buggy out and get it all covered in mud. Seriously though, I have a lot of terraces and our mud is slick as snot. There's no real digging in except for the hay field. You hit the terraces when wet and you just slide. I'd rather not dump the tractor over. :D

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
For me the backhoe was the main reason I purchased the tractor. To date I have only used the backhoe for about 6 hours and the tractor for about 20. Although an expensive option it is worth it, considering what is does and the financing / rebates from Kubota.
I have removed a huge stump, cleaned out years of silt and debris from several culverts, and have many more projects in mind when it stops raining.
Removal and reinstallation is straight forward, about 20 minutes. Currently I have no other rear mounted implements so the BH stays on the tractor. I recently purchased skid steer forks and the BH provides a nice counterweight also.

Attachments

blktipton

Dec 22, 2015
US
I have 17 hours on my 2501 now. I did not purchase based on tier4, cost was really a concern. I have had a used skidsteer in the past and I didn't want anything I needed to repair. I use mine about 90% for the fel, and the other time for the box scraper to maintain a gravel driveway. Compared to my old bobcat, the breakout power for digging obviously isn't the same. But, I generally lose traction before power when digging. Keep in mind, I am digging a hillside out for a driveway re route for a home addition. If cost was not a factor, an svl would have been my choice, but for approximately 40k less, I can afford to dig a smaller amount of dirt when I need to. Overall, I feel much less fatigue when on the Kubota and only feel the need to stop when the wife tells me I'm done for the day. I used to get headaches from the harshness of the old bobcats ride(neck issues).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk