Finally! ROPS

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Well it took my local dealer what seemed like a year and a day but they finally came through and my ROPS have arrived. Ordered through the Kubota Safety Program, they only ran me about $300. Only one bolt wouldn't cooperate but I coerced it into place.

Attachments

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Well it took my local dealer what seemed like a year and a day but they finally came through and my ROPS have arrived. Ordered through the Kubota Safety Program, they only ran me about $300. Only one bolt wouldn't cooperate but I coerced it into place.
Good to have! Mount some lights on it. And watch out for those low hanging tree branch`s, those ROP`s sure like to find their way into the strangest things when you least expect it!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Looks good! I assume a seat belt was part of the package?

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Good to have! Mount some lights on it. And watch out for those low hanging tree branch`s, those ROP`s sure like to find their way into the strangest things when you least expect it!!!
I actually went looking for it after I almost tipped the tractor this summer. It was my loader that found a vine. I stuck my loader just into the woods line and dumped a load of brush. When I raised the FEL and went to back out I didn't realize I hooked a vine with the bucket arm. I managed to get the clutch in and the tractor stopped but it was only a hair from rolling itself in its side.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I actually went looking for it after I almost tipped the tractor this summer. It was my loader that found a vine. I stuck my loader just into the woods line and dumped a load of brush. When I raised the FEL and went to back out I didn't realize I hooked a vine with the bucket arm. I managed to get the clutch in and the tractor stopped but it was only a hair from rolling itself in its side.
Ohhhhhhhhh man, thats scary!!! I see people take the ROPs off all the time where i live. Ain`t NO WAY mine is ever coming off! Besides that, thats where my lightbar is mounted. As to the same as being safe, a ROPs can be just as much a hazard to, if you`re not paying attention. My wife almost flipped ours over. She caught the electric pole stabilizer cable with the top of the ROPs. She had said a few choice words after that. The tractor & ROPs & cable survived, my wife`s pride, not so much...lol.

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Yes they do. You will need your serial number and go to the Kubota website.

Somewhere is something about safety and protection for older tractors and you will submit some data and will get a letter or email back.

Shipping to the dealer is free and installation is also (I think). I took mine home and did it myself. Some people have had to argue with the dealer about the self installation but mine had no problems with it.

They can be finicky to install but get one person to help and it will be easy to do.

I recall the letter named the closest dealer to you would be where it shipped unless you paid for shipping.

southernpiper1

Equipment
b6100
Yes they do. You will need your serial number and go to the Kubota website.

Somewhere is something about safety and protection for older tractors and you will submit some data and will get a letter or email back.

Shipping to the dealer is free and installation is also (I think). I took mine home and did it myself. Some people have had to argue with the dealer about the self installation but mine had no problems with it.

They can be finicky to install but get one person to help and it will be easy to do.

I recall the letter named the closest dealer to you would be where it shipped unless you paid for shipping.
Wow, that's great! Beats driving 6 hours and not knowing if it will fit. I have to admit, this is one of the best sites I've seen.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
As to the same as being safe, a ROPs can be just as much a hazard to, if you`re not paying attention.
You got that right! (y)

The best piece of safety gear is between your ears, and that one is far from foolproof.

The idea that 'a [fill in favorite piece of equipment] will keep me safe' is a very dangerous idea.

If the piece of safety gear between your ears is working correctly, you will use good safety equipment as much as possible, but assuming that safety gear solves all problems and makes us safe is NOT safe.

We are never "safe" this side of the grave.

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Wow, that's great! Beats driving 6 hours and not knowing if it will fit. I have to admit, this is one of the best sites I've seen.
You have to order from your dealer and it is shipped freight to them. It's a long process and only available for tractors that has never had a set (pre 1985). It will cost you around $200 + $100 shipping roughly. Installation is not included but I was able to install it myself in an hour. My dealer had no idea what to order or how to order it. I emailed Kubota and got guidance from them that I presented my dealer with. The process took around 3 months.

southernpiper1

Equipment
b6100
You have to order from your dealer and it is shipped freight to them. It's a long process and only available for tractors that has never had a set (pre 1985). It will cost you around $200 + $100 shipping roughly. Installation is not included but I was able to install it myself in an hour. My dealer had no idea what to order or how to order it. I emailed Kubota and got guidance from them that I presented my dealer with. The process took around 3 months.
This is great thanks for the information.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
You got that right! (y)

The best piece of safety gear is between your ears, and that one is far from foolproof.

The idea that 'a [fill in favorite piece of equipment] will keep me safe' is a very dangerous idea.

If the piece of safety gear between your ears is working correctly, you will use good safety equipment as much as possible, but assuming that safety gear solves all problems and makes us safe is NOT safe.

AMEN to THAT, Mark. (y)

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
You got that right! (y)

Well said sir. I always use my ROPS and seat belt but I view them the same way as I view the safety on my gun when I'm hunting. Just because the gun's safety is engaged doesn't mean the gun's "safe" and I can go ahead and point it at my dogs or hunting buddies.

Reactions: 2 users