Few questions about L1500...

Injected65

Sep 7, 2009
Salina, KS
My father recently purchased a Kubota L1500 locally. I have a service manual on order for it, but I had a few questions that I hope you all don't mind I ask ahead of time.

Oil Filter - I ordered a 1342 filter but it is a canister filter and this tractor has a cartridge style on it. Any suggestions?

Dipstick - I can't seem to find any dipstick or a sight glass to see the oil level. Any recommendations for oil capacity before the manual arrives.

Fuses - Is there any suggested way to get rid of the old style fuses in place of newer blade automotive type fuses? The 10A fuse for the alternator seems to blow in short order (may need a larger fuse, but that was what was in it when we bought it).

The tractor seems to work great. We have used it sparingly in the last few weeks. It came with a Great Bend loader, 4' bush hog and a blade. I had to replace the aftermarket overrunning clutch and rebuild the gearbox on the bush hog, but other than that it seems in good condition. I am now going through and doing a complete service so we have a good starting point for a maintainence program.

Thanks,
Chris

Injected65

Sep 7, 2009
Salina, KS
You'll need NAPA 7030 Canister Oil Filter, or Kubota 15108-32080 Canister Oil Filter for that L-1500.

Engine oil dipstick is located on the LH side of the engine just in front of and slightly below, the mid line of the starter.

No replacement available for fuses other than original versions. Time to check out that charging system if you are blowing fuses.
Thanks a ton for the help. I took off the alternator and had it tested. Next up is the regulator test. I'll figure it out one way or another :)

Thanks,
Chris