FEL on L245DT

GSDGUY

Equipment
L245DT
Sep 7, 2009
Daleville,In
Hello all, this is my first post. I recently bought an L245DT with low hours, excellent condition, and what i thought was a good price. I have since realized that the FEl is a size to small for a 245. It is a Kubota loader, but has had extentions welded on pivot points to fit tractor. I'm trying to figure out what model it is [its been painted black so no #'s] and if I would be better off with the model 1200 FEL. There is one on the classifieds right now and I don't know how often they come around. The extentions are about 12" long and it has a 48" bucket. I plan to work this fairly hard when I start sawing wood again this winter.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I don't know much about the older FEL's, but a 48" sounds a little small for your tractor. I would think a 54" would be a little more appropriate. Kubota brand loaders are built nicer than some of the aftermarket crap out there. My dad has a 2950DT and some kind of "EZ-loader" on it, and it is total junk. It was built to move wood chips at a nursery, not do any kind of hard work.