FEL mounted snow plows

Brian In Michigan

Equipment
L3000DT + a bunch of other junk
Nov 25, 2010
Howell Michigan
If you have one,what do you think about it? I have been looking at several different one's. The one that looks like it will get the nod from me is the Bxpanded. I like the idea of the floating blade and the quick hookup. I want to keep my bucket on so I can bucket up the snow into a pile. My neck just can't take the twisting and turning anymore.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Dusty, I've admired your blade and ingenuity on several posts. I wondered how you put the curve in the blade? It looks to be about 1/4" thick and putting a bend in it using "shadetree" tools wouldn't be easy. Care to share your method? Thanks!

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Pat. I had it bent in a break when I bought the piece of steel. But I put it back on the trctor a couple of days ago and it seems I straightened the bottom. So I am going to try and rebend it my self and then brace the back side so it doesn't bend again. I am also going to box the sides while I am at it. I still have the rest of the interior to put in the cab before I start the blade.:D Dusty P.S. I should have had it rolled like a normal curved blade. They would have done that just as easy. Hindsight.

Last edited:

Brian In Michigan

Equipment
L3000DT + a bunch of other junk
Nov 25, 2010
Howell Michigan
As I keep thinking about this, I keep wondering about the weight forward of the blade. I made a fork set up on the front of my bucket. ( It's a 3 point carry all that hooks up to an "I" hook on the top of the bucket ) A couple days ago I put the forks on to unload some pallets from my trailer. I had about 6-8 pallets on the forks and it was a little precarious picking and hauling those pallets. I would say the weight of the pallets didn't vary much from the weight of a snow blade. Now I wonder if I am doing the right thing.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
As I keep thinking about this, I keep wondering about the weight forward of the blade. I made a fork set up on the front of my bucket. ( It's a 3 point carry all that hooks up to an "I" hook on the top of the bucket ) A couple days ago I put the forks on to unload some pallets from my trailer. I had about 6-8 pallets on the forks and it was a little precarious picking and hauling those pallets. I would say the weight of the pallets didn't vary much from the weight of a snow blade. Now I wonder if I am doing the right thing.
I have a QA 4way plow mounted on the loader arms {bucket is off} and with ballasted tires it felt a little sketchy when running with blade up so I mounted my box scraper on the 3ph and that stabilizes things nicely.
You will be even more precarious with the blade out front of the bucket.
The QA makes switching between blade and bucket a snap.