FEL bucket teeth

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Someone point me in the right direction: what are the aftermarket "teeth" called for the FEL buckets? I have a project coming up, a small pond build in easy digging/no rock/soft spring dirt, and since I sold my Mini X U25 (thinking I was all done with moving dirt.....) but have a L3301 and a rear ripper, I'm in the market. Did a bit of searching, I'm using the wrong term I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here are 4 for bolt on teeth:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
After watching several YouTube videos, and also spending time on EveryThingsAttachments and the Piranha sites, I've decided to stick with my original plan of just using the ripper first, then hit it with the stock blade. As much as I like spending money on attachments, with my soil conditions (no roots either) I think the stock blade will do fine, with the rippers help. I feel like I just made some money, having come very close to clicking the BUY button, but not! Doing it as soon as the 4' of snow now there melts will help a lot, I know from planting fence posts in the early spring V. late summer. Late last summer I hand dug a hole to partially bury a 500 gallon water tank, and I was amazed how easy it was, once ripped, easy enough to use a flat nosed shovel, no tapered/pointed one needed.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Yeah, sounds like easy digging for a smooth blade. I’m guessing the ripper youre talking about is a single large shank, but if youve got a box blade with several rippers on it that would make faster work of it since itll rip a path as wide as the bucket in one go. Have fun, im jealous of the dirt conditions you described! 😂

Last edited:

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I grade areas of my property by the % of rock. I am super jealous of great soil.

FWIW I could NEVER dig with the bucket and in most conditions, it is not designed for those loads/impacts. I went with a pirana and it works great for me. I actually need it to move material I have dug with the BH!