Favorite safety warning

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
In reading up on my Land Pride rotary cutter before using it I came across this: "Danger: Do not use cutter as a fan. Cutting blades are not properly designed or guarded for this use. Using cutter as a fan can result in injury or death."

I laughed because that use would not have occurred to me, but you know it's in there because someone tried it, resulting in a lawsuit...

-- Carl

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
whats worse......on the outside of Preparation H, for external use only.....you know someone had to eat it ! ...... like the ol hot coffee between the leg trick...... I love Forest Gump's saying, have it on a license plate hanging in the classroom, "stupid is as stupid does"

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
My favorite is this-
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200594370_200594370
"Not for use when vehicle is in motion".
That deserves a cautionary photo.
You don't have to worry about this warning with your Dodge truck, it only applies to "GAS" powered vehicles.:D

whats worse......on the outside of Preparation H, for external use only.....you know someone had to eat it ! ......
When I was young one summer my parents had two exchange students. The second morning they were there I awoke to them complaining about how bad the toothpaste was in America.:eek: You can fill in the rest. :D

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I always liked the snow blower warning, "Do not use on the roof."

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Local bar just put in new waterless urinals- complete with warning stickers that say "Do not drink".

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
In reading up on my Land Pride rotary cutter before using it I came across this: "Danger: Do not use cutter as a fan. Cutting blades are not properly designed or guarded for this use. Using cutter as a fan can result in injury or death."

I laughed because that use would not have occurred to me, but you know it's in there because someone tried it, resulting in a lawsuit...

-- Carl
Wow!

Seems like all the product makers were forced into the WORLD-WIDE SAFETY MEETING. All foisted upon us by the dumbed down among us.

Do any of you now notice that any product you purchase that has a manual, is 40 to 50% safety warnings and then you get to the manual?

Burt

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Wow!

Seems like all the product makers were forced into the WORLD-WIDE SAFETY MEETING. All foisted upon us by the dumbed down among us.

Do any of you now notice that any product you purchase that has a manual, is 40 to 50% safety warnings and then you get to the manual?

Burt
Between those who are common-sense challenged, and those itching for a big lawsuit payoff, I don't blame the manufacturers for covering every angle. You can never underestimate how stupid and greedy people are.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Between those who are common-sense challenged, and those itching for a big lawsuit payoff, I don't blame the manufacturers for covering every angle. You can never underestimate how stupid and greedy people are.
Well said! :)

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I picked up a new grease gun and there's a full page of stupid warnings. Never let a visitor use your grease gun was a classic wtf.
Also didn't know you should wear a respirator when using a grease gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
I picked up a new grease gun and there's a full page of stupid warnings. Never let a visitor use your grease gun was a classic wtf.
Also didn't know you should wear a respirator when using a grease gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I noticed that on my lastest grease gun too. Just don't let your kid draw a picture of a grease gun in school.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't know how many of you have ever seen a MSHA rule books before, I know Skeets has. I don't have one now but this little rule book (50 CFR) if I remember correctly literally has thousands of rules in there. Some will make your skin crawl they are so sick and most of them are stuff that when you hear it makes you think who would be that stupid?

The different thing about this rule book that's different from most is that these rule are writen in blood. Every single rule in the book is where someone has either been injured or killed. When you think of it that way these stupid little warning make just alittle more since. You may not know one, but yes those people are out there amoung us.