face book jail

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I deleted my FB account as I don't want to support M@rk Zuckerberg or any of Big Tech for that matter. FaceBook is "free" because YOU are the product they're selling! Social media is a key factor in shifting public opinion on anything they want to push.

I say we push orange tractors. You will only find me here and TBN.
lol mcfarmall! You hit the nail on the head. I made the mistake years ago of creating an account there. I haven't been on since I had an epiphany of what you just said.
Data farming is a big business, a big scary business. I choose not to participate when given a choice.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I KNOW we can't talk politics here. But my girlfriend went shopping this evening and asked if I wanted anything. I said well, get a pack of Oreo's we don't have anything sweet in the house. So she got a package and someone was sworn in today and they have already cut back on the amount of cream filling in the cookies. No I'm not kidding. Its already started. The country is going to hell.
Report it to local tv station, MSM needs a new "panic" story

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I wish I'd bought stock in FB when the IPO came out. But the business was/is so repulsive, even my unbridled greed could not hold back the stench of the FB business model!

How many parents realize their kids typically have two or more FB accounts? One mom and dad can see, with kittens and puppies and then private one of them behaving badly with their friends, then the third one they use to viciously attack other kids with.

FB, the online equivalent of 'Does my butt look big in these pants?'

Reactions: 1 users

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
YO!! WFM !! Dont ya know you cant call your girlfriend "girlfriend" any longer??? Just poking fun at ya my friend.

I pity the fool that points out that I'm not suppose to call my wife 'my wife'.

They will get the full broadside salvo

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
The problem with a post like this is that some readers will assume its the truth. I called Nabisco ( 1-855-535-5648 ). They assured me that the filling hasn't changed and there is no plan to change it.
Alternate facts???
Sarcasm. We seem to have collectively forgotten what it is.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I haven't found any "social media" to be worthwhile in any way. Forums like this harken back to the old dial-up BBS's, which I found to be useful places to talk to people and excange information and ideas. I'm glad they haven't been replaced by the facetwits.

The only one of those things I have an account with is LinkedIn, and that's only so I can stay in touch with what's going on in software development in my area. I check in about once every 2-3 months...

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The problem with a post like this is that some readers will assume its the truth. I called Nabisco ( 1-855-535-5648 ). They assured me that the filling hasn't changed and there is no plan to change it.
Alternate facts???
Thank you for taking the time to call Nabisco. I feel much better about the situation after the fact check.

I think WFM owes me at least half the cost of the pallet of Double Stuff Oreos I panic bought today.

Reactions: 2 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Hord the TP or the O R E O's ,,,,,now thats a tuff call.
As far as the girlfriend goes. If your married your married. If your not its your girlfriend. Cut and dry.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Kind of reminds me of this site. Loaded with snitches and cry babies and discriminatory moderation. I'm done here. for all intents and purposes. I may read posts but I'll rarely comment like Bulldog and a few others do.

The new 'cancel culture' and me don't get along well.

Welcome to the new Amerika comrade. (y)
I post some on here now but I just read for quite a while before buying a Kubota and before signing up and posting anything. Have read enough to know all don’t feel the same, but I’ll miss your posts. Hadn’t seen anything from you lately so glad to know you’ve just decided to withdraw rather than being laid up in a hospital or worse. Picked up quite a bit of practical knowledge on repairs, welding, and general equipment operation from your posts even though your machines and operation are quite different from mine. Apparently in real life I hang out with a pack of a**holes that have lowered my expectations of civility as I never noticed a problem with your posts.

Sincere thanks for all the free information.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Alternate facts???
Weigh them. They are smaller in every dimension than they were two years ago. Math doesn't lie, Nabisco lies. Although in their defense, the filling "formula" probably hasn't "changed"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'll assume you are correct NH. Is that any different than the trend that has been going on for years? Want a 'pint' of ice cream. Except for Ben & Jerry's pretty much all other brands are now 14oz. The same for a pound of coffee. For those of us that used to give out large candy bars at Halloween, good luck! The retail grocery business figured this out long ago.
Speaking of getting ripped off. . . Got to love that 'Conveyance Fee' that car dealers charge. A made up 'fee' that is a charge for doing the paperwork in a sale. I wish we could do that in our business :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Actually, even though I got what I feel was an underserved vacation, I do have multiple accounts on this site and the others I visit. Because I have a floating VPN, my IP address changes all the time so if I use a different user name, viola, I have another account. Real simple but, I prefer to use my primary account on all the sites I visit so I just read posts and stayed in the imposed 'cooler. no big deal. Interestingly, you cannot reply to the moderator, his decisions are law with no recourse what so ever. This is a 100% voluntary to comment forum.

I am a bit miffed about one thing and that is, when I became a paid subscriber a few years back, I was promised a number of 'gifts' for becoming a paid subscriber. None of those have ever materialized. Don't expect them to magically appear either. Just empty words from the forum owner.

I will (and have done 2 things). One, I will never post on any off topic sub forum again because of what I feel is discriminatory and capricious moderation.. I know the moderator on here don't like me. I don't really care actually, I don't sleep with him nor do I care at all bout what his motivations are so if I don't comment on any 'off topic' thread, that eliminates that issue entirely.

Secondly, as much as I disdain putting any poster on ignore. I have also done that. That way I don't see their callous remarks unless I choose to see them. Makes reading them 100% my choice. I like choices.

I've owned many Kubota tractors since the early 2000's, I believe at least 10 now, not including the 2 M9's I presently own and I've been through a lot of issues in that time so if I see something I can contribute too, I do and will continue to do just that.

I do heavy fabrication in my shop and field repairs in the field with my gas driven welder too. In fact, my side yard is pretty full of implements in need of repair and a few larger excavation buckets from large earthmoving equipment that need various parts replaced, I'm always way more busy than I want to be but it is a good revenue producer where as farming can be or might not be, depending on the weather.

I'm here but at this juncture I will be very discriminatory about what I reply to and just as important, I'll ignore the snitches and whiners. Don't have the inclination to deal with it anymore.

I like sharing my learned knowledge and learning from other's experiences as well. Always have. Why I'm on a few different and diverse forums in the first place.

Where I'm at presently.

Reactions: 3 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I might add that I received BOTH my Pfizer inoculations while I was on vacation. The first one gave me a sore arm. The second one made me ill for 2 days but all is good now and I will continue to wear a face covering and social distance jut like before because with either vaccine, the immunity rate is around 85%. It's not 100%. I have no desire to platy Russian Roulette with Covid. Neither do m y close friends. We all comply whether they received the vaccine or not.

Have no issue being a hermit and mu customers, when they drop off something, we conduct business via cell phone. No need to be face to face anyway.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Actually, even though I got what I feel was an underserved vacation, I do have multiple accounts on this site and the others I visit. Because I have a floating VPN, my IP address changes all the time so if I use a different user name, viola, I have another account. Real simple but, I prefer to use my primary account on all the sites I visit so I just read posts and stayed in the imposed 'cooler. no big deal. Interestingly, you cannot reply to the moderator, his decisions are law with no recourse what so ever. This is a 100% voluntary to comment forum.

I am a bit miffed about one thing and that is, when I became a paid subscriber a few years back, I was promised a number of 'gifts' for becoming a paid subscriber. None of those have ever materialized. Don't expect them to magically appear either. Just empty words from the forum owner.

I will (and have done 2 things). One, I will never post on any off topic sub forum again because of what I feel is discriminatory and capricious moderation.. I know the moderator on here don't like me. I don't really care actually, I don't sleep with him nor do I care at all bout what his motivations are so if I don't comment on any 'off topic' thread, that eliminates that issue entirely.

Secondly, as much as I disdain putting any poster on ignore. I have also done that. That way I don't see their callous remarks unless I choose to see them. Makes reading them 100% my choice. I like choices.

I've owned many Kubota tractors since the early 2000's, I believe at least 10 now, not including the 2 M9's I presently own and I've been through a lot of issues in that time so if I see something I can contribute too, I do and will continue to do just that.

I do heavy fabrication in my shop and field repairs in the field with my gas driven welder too. In fact, my side yard is pretty full of implements in need of repair and a few larger excavation buckets from large earthmoving equipment that need various parts replaced, I'm always way more busy than I want to be but it is a good revenue producer where as farming can be or might not be, depending on the weather.

I'm here but at this juncture I will be very discriminatory about what I reply to and just as important, I'll ignore the snitches and whiners. Don't have the inclination to deal with it anymore.

I like sharing my learned knowledge and learning from other's experiences as well. Always have. Why I'm on a few different and diverse forums in the first place.

Where I'm at presently.
I agree, and the moderation has greatly reduced what I share and don't share. Moderation that runs on a two-way street would be a lot easier to understand/stomach.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I stop here and visit and I have learned alot and spent alot on 'stuff ' for my tractor.
I just don't have the time or want to spend the time some do staring at the computer. I limit myself on the computer by choice. Other things to do or actually talk to friends and family are a good habits I try to stick to.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That sounds really familiar.....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I deleted my FB account as I don't want to support M@rk Zuckerberg or any of Big Tech for that matter. FaceBook is "free" because YOU are the product they're selling! Social media is a key factor in shifting public opinion on anything they want to push.

I say we push orange tractors. You will only find me here and TBN.
My orange tractors are way to heavy to push anywhere.. If I was in that situation, a chain and my other tractor would be required.... :rolleyes:

I'm on TBN as well. I'm one of the original posters on there. Henro (on here) is also.

When I joined TBN decades ago, I actually got a Tee shirt and windbreaker, neither one fit anymore but I still have them. Didn't get squat here even though I was told I would.... Oh well.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Alternate facts???
Good deal, I like Oreo Double Stuff's.