Extend warranty or Not

SyNtAxx

Equipment
Kubota BX25D-1 TLBM + Woods RB60 Blade + Grass Catcher
Oct 27, 2015
Kennett Square
My dealer called me the other week to pitch the extended warranty offer to me for just under 800$ as I recall it. I chose to decline the offer. The unit for me has been pretty much flawless despite the 2 fuel pumps replaced. If my BX25 had been less than trustworthy over its last 2 years and 150ish hours I might have considered it. I don't mind wrenching on my own equipment if required as long as its not the tranny. Given the past performance of my tractor I decided against it. In the end it depends on your level of comfort/trust in the machine I guess.

Nick

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not sure what the Kubota extended warranty covers. But my experience with extended warranties on any thing else is they are worth about as much as the paper it was printed on :eek:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Not sure what the Kubota extended warranty covers. But my experience with extended warranties on any thing else is they are worth about as much as the paper it was printed on :eek:
Agreed. When the terms and conditions of the warranty is longer than the owners manual of the machine it covers you know it's going to be a nightmare IF time comes to use it.

My experience with these things is that the little stuff that fails rarely adds up to the cost of the warranty. If something big fails the warranty doesn't cover it due to the million loopholes written into the fine print. When something is covered they make the process so difficult and slow many pay out of pocket just to get the machine they need back and never get reimbursed. There's a reason these insurance companies are so profitable.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
It a lottery, a gamble, that each decide to take or not, if you don't take it, you may wish you had, if you take it, you may never use it, toss the coin, see what comes up!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I got a postcard from Kubota the other day to say my warranty was expiring and did I want to extend it, call my dealer! Well this was for the B2650 which is not yet a year old, so called dealer to see what gives, and to ask to please check paperwork to see if something was haywire. Service Manager said it was correct at their end, and furthermore they pretty much never sell extended warranties to their customers, or even try, since it was his impression it was a waste of money. I never even got a postcard on the 3560 when the 2 years were up (another dealer nearby). So it doesn't sound like it is a big business around here.

Check your paperwork for details, but the engine and dpf related things on a L3901 have a 5 yr warranty, and it is those expensive things that would make people nervous. The stuff not under warranty between years 2 to 5 is pretty much old school, so I do not have an extended warranty on the L3560, and probably will not get one for the B2650.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I’ve never bought an extended warranty on anything in my 57 years so my thinking is I am way ahead of the game if a major component craps out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I haven't read Kubota's limited warranty statement for it's extended warranty. I assume it's similar to the 3rd year of regular warranty, which basically covers powertrain. Anything internally lubricated is a good rule of thumb. If the seat falls apart you're buying a new seat. That sort of thing.

Most find it more economical to carry the KTAC insurance than the buy extended warranty. Look at the liklihood. You have a higher risk of damage to the tractor from a flood, tornado, misuse, accident, theft, etc than having an internal issue with the tractor's powertrain. BUT that said, with a common rail engine, and the expense of working on it, it might be a good idea. Up to you, as the end user.

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
Thanks everyone. I will looks at paperwork on the 5 yr for engine and dpf. I feel like many of you have stated. Not worth the paper it is printed on due to all the loop holes.