Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
The whole thing's screwed up. Theoretically, it's done because the bankrupt party may have preferentially paid some vendors and not others, so this lets them divide assets 'equally'...
So, in my mind, I would want the equipment that was purchase back before handing over any money...

Should not get the equipment AND the money back...

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
So, in my mind, I would want the equipment that was purchase back before handing over any money...

Should not get the equipment AND the money back...
He said the equipment was custom made and wouldn't have any value to anyone else.

Besides, I'm not sure the court would allow that, either. Screwed up, I tell ya.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BK2370 in Trendy Orange w/F.E.L., 60" deck; Cyclone vacuum
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
THANK YOU for keeping the thread up. After what I thought was "reasonable research" I was very close to purchasing an EA Wicked BX Root Rake Grapple despite the pay-in-full-and-wait business practice due to the quality of the products. I did not suspect EA was no longer shipping products and never thought to look to see if a business with EA's reputation suddenly "went under."

After reading most of the 33 pages in this thread I'll unfortunately have to look at other manufacturers given the apparent financial history and predictable eventual outcome of EA's financial decisions. :confused:

The whole set of circumstances and outcome for the customers is unfortunate to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
THANK YOU for keeping the thread up. I was looking at purchasing an EA Wicked BX Root Rake Grapple.....

And now it looks like I'll have to lo look at other manufacturer. :confused:
I bought an LS brand (same folks that make the little blue tractors) standard duty grapple. Other than a few soft spots I found while abusing it (picking up rather large logs by the end), it's been pretty good. The teeth on the clamp are a bit long for their thickness, and tend to bend to the side at the brace, making them look like a cat with a cleft palate and requiring some obligatory beatings with a rubber mallet to straighten them. Then, one day, I got the brilliant idea of putting gussets on them, kinda like braces for teeth. Worked like a champ, and actually improved the ability to pick up smaller debris. Haven't had any issue with the lower teeth. It's dual cylinder, single clamp, so I have to make sure I grab irregular shaped items in the middle of the grapple to avoid tweaking the clamp, but they're typically large enough that I need to grab one at a time anyway. As for moving brush, it's got a pretty big opening (about 36"), and it's 54" wide, so it'll bite down on a lot of brush. It's all the grapple I need. Unless you're doing a LOT of stump/root removal, consider a standard duty grapple. Much less expensive. If you are doing a lot of stump/root removal, it would probably be more economical to get a heavy duty grapple in the long run because you'd have to have a separate tool for getting stuff out of the ground, then hauling it off. I can scratch up roots up to about 2 inches on the surface, but anything bigger I go get the stump bucket for.

Reactions: 1 user

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BK2370 in Trendy Orange w/F.E.L., 60" deck; Cyclone vacuum
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I want to thank members for being so helpful, including in Private Message.

At this point some of us need to discuss alternate vendors--it's unfortunate, I really wanted to buy from EA, but that's currently not possible and may never be possible.
---

I recently purchased a low-hour 2017 BX2370 with factory 60" mid-mount mower, F.E.L. (bucket), and rear counter-weight. Hydraulic connectors and FEL attachment system are 2017 OEM (not Skid Steer Quick Attach).

I'd like to be able to blow snow in winter, and specific to this thread to clean up windfall trees and put in walking paths in Central Wisconsin woods (composed of mainly oak and maple).

I thought I'd add a Summit 3rd function kit and EA Wicked BX Root Rake Grapple as it seemed to be the highest quality/most versatile setup for my use (which seems very similar to @Dusty71 in Post #418). From research here I believe the short bottom tines will allow me to dig roots for "reasonable" walking paths, easily pick up brush without digging in to hilly terrain, and pick up logs/"stuff" from above without damaging the ground on the "small" 23HP tractor while keeping the load close to the tractor as the lifting capacity is about 1,000 lbs. (I do not want to shim the valve and risk a FEL weld failing.)

As the EA Wicked BX is NLA it seems the next best choice is a Homestead Sub-Compact Tractor Independence Series Grapple.

Like @Dusty71 I'm completely open to suggestions.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I want to thank members for being so helpful, including in Private Message.

At this point some of us need to discuss alternate vendors--it's unfortunate, I really wanted to buy from EA, but that's currently not possible and may never be possible.
---

I recently purchased a low-hour 2017 BX2370 with factory 60" mid-mount mower, F.E.L. (bucket), and rear counter-weight. Hydraulic connectors and FEL attachment system are 2017 OEM (not Skid Steer Quick Attach).

I'd like to be able to blow snow in winter, and specific to this thread to clean up windfall trees and put in walking paths in Central Wisconsin woods (composed of mainly oak and maple).

I thought I'd add a Summit 3rd function kit and EA Wicked BX Root Rake Grapple as it seemed to be the highest quality/most versatile setup for my use (which seems very similar to @Dusty71 in Post #418). From research here I believe the short bottom tines will allow me to dig roots for "reasonable" walking paths, easily pick up brush without digging in to hilly terrain, and pick up logs/"stuff" from above without damaging the ground on the "small" 23HP tractor while keeping the load close to the tractor as the lifting capacity is about 1,000 lbs. (I do not want to shim the valve and risk a FEL weld failing.)

As the EA Wicked BX is NLA it seems the next best choice is a Homestead Sub-Compact Tractor Independence Series Grapple.

Like @Dusty71 I'm completely open to suggestions.
Does anyone know if these Homestead grapples are built with zerks on all wear points?
I see no mention of same in the Homestead literature.

Reactions: 1 user