Error P0336 L3901

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Still have the P0336 error code on my L3301 but inadvertently fixed the stalling problem. The seat pivot pin had slipped and I put in a cotter key (probably never installed). This put the flapper safety switch back in alignment with the seat bracket and the fixed the stalling problem. Still stalls suddenly without reason while not under load but only a few times. I know I can do the 50 hour inspection but I am 75 and just had knee surgery so will probably let the dealer do it and fix the code problem at the same time.
Does anyone else have problem finding things on this site or am I just that mentally handicapped?
Glad you are up and running again. I also vote for letting dealer's tech crawl under your tractor to change filters, they can be hard to get off the first time, and no point in messing up your knee. As far as finding things, to start with have a look at what is in the Super Stickies at the top of each sub forum. They have links to commonly asked questions. The Search function is a little quirky, it won't look for words of 3 letters or less. And a lot of good information is in threads that started out on something of another title. Browse around and then ask. Someone may remember and will tell you. Welcome to the forum!

pwreich

Equipment
L3301/LA525
Jun 15, 2015
Rochester, PA
Just had 50 hour service done, they flashed the computer with an update to address the crank angle sensor code I got at 7.5 hours and never went away. Engine sounds quieter and runs smoother. I wonder if it was in "limp" mode with the code all that time. At 62 hours now, running fine/great, no codes. AND, being a DT, I've stalled it several times.

Last edited:

Takota

Equipment
L3301
Jan 27, 2016
Sanford, Fl
Had the same on my 3301, I was told it derates the engine a bit while the computer sees that code. They came out and picked my tractor after I brought it to them and they just erased the code and gave it back without addressing the issue.