Eric McCarthy?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
better odds playing the lottery! :p ;) :D

Ssshhhhhh!!!!!!! Your telling everyone my plan for early retirement :p:D:cool: course, I would actually have to remember to buy a ticket :rolleyes: plan B is to mooch off the guberment and the kids after I turn 65 :cool::cool:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Ssshhhhhh!!!!!!! Your telling everyone my plan for early retirement :p:D:cool: course, I would actually have to remember to buy a ticket :rolleyes: plan B is to mooch off the guberment and the kids after I turn 65 :cool::cool:

I always thought the lottery was a clever way of taxing stupidity, but that's just my humble opinion...:D:D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
WOW that's sad, not even a year and his web site is gone already, Not a great way to get repeat business! :confused:
I guess we should have loaned him money, :rolleyes: but then again probably better odds playing the lottery! :p ;) :D
Wow for such a helpful friendly guy, you don't want to bring out the wolf in wolfman. Sending him money wasn't going to help him or us. Had he gotten money he would just be back for more. He either makes it on his own or dosen't.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
As mentioned, he's alive and well, and pretty active on a Kubota page on facebook. He mentions OTT from time to time, and from what I've seen, favorably.

To change the subject, does anyone know whatever happened to kytim?
Hodge, I haven't heard that name in a long while. Now that you mention it....what gives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I always thought the lottery was a clever way of taxing stupidity, but that's just my humble opinion...:D:D
You know, it's weird. When i lived in florida, I would stop and get a couple 10$ scratchers on my way home from work on friday. I would usually win my spending money for the weekend. Sometimes it would be 40$ to my biggest winner of 150$. But, I would only buy if one jumped out and grabbed my attention. Arkansas instituted a lottery, about 6 years ago. Once in a while, I'll get a couple Power ball tickets, or mega millions if the jackpot gets way up. I haven't bought a scratcher in a couple of years. Now my wife will go in every now and then and buy one 1$ scratch off ticket and at least double her money every time :rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So NIW, do you guys have any idea what was so special about Nov 3 at 7 in the morning that 2,000 some odd folks logged in to OTT?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So NIW, do you guys have any idea what was so special about Nov 3 at 7 in the morning that 2,000 some odd folks logged in to OTT?
Nothing special that I can find, slow news day and a lot of tractor Questions / Issues / Comments.

That number updates all the time as we get bigger and bigger.
On my end this is what I see:
Most users ever online was 2,398, 11-03-2015 at 04:09 AM.
So most likely not a lot of help from the west coast on those numbers either. ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The most logged in that used to be listed in that spot was a couple of hundred, so when I noticed that I was curious at the sudden jump. Couldn't see anything particularly interesting going on, maybe it was some kind of hack attack. Usually there are about 10 X as many non members as members reading the forum.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The most logged in that used to be listed in that spot was a couple of hundred, so when I noticed that I was curious at the sudden jump. Couldn't see anything particularly interesting going on, maybe it was some kind of hack attack. Usually there are about 10 X as many non members as members reading the forum.
That is interesting, I'll have to ask powers higher up if they know of a problem.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Regarding eric's website, i put my e-mail address on my business card. 16 months of handing out cards and not one single e-mail. Phone calls and text messages are constant. So website closing may have been a financial thing.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Regarding eric's website, i put my e-mail address on my business card. 16 months of handing out cards and not one single e-mail. Phone calls and text messages are constant. So website closing may have been a financial thing.
In his business, word of mouth is the best and or worst way to get new customers! I saw pictures from his facebook account dated back in September so he is still bumping along (had to use the wife's account to look it up!:D) so maybe he is doing fine!

He better get his rear blade on, we are gonna get some of that white stuff.....or so they say!;):)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
In his business, word of mouth is the best and or worst way to get new customers! I saw pictures from his facebook account dated back in September so he is still bumping along (had to use the wife's account to look it up!:D) so maybe he is doing fine!

He better get his rear blade on, we are gonna get some of that white stuff.....or so they say!;):)
I believe them! I put the blade on the truck, fueled up the Kubota, got the skid loader ready, pulled the snowblower out and got that dusted off, what next? Oh- the grocery store.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
hodge,,, thats funny here in Da Burg you run out and get Milk Bread and Toilet paper,, like you aint got enough to last a day or so,,, Me Im running to the State Liqueur store,, you know just in case

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
hodge,,, thats funny here in Da Burg you run out and get Milk Bread and Toilet paper,, like you aint got enough to last a day or so,,, Me Im running to the State Liqueur store,, you know just in case
We don't panic. But, I do prepare in other ways. Move stuff around to make snow clearing easier, etc. But, Murphy is still alive and well- my best snow tool, the skid loader, just developed a leaking seal in one of the lift cylinders. No way will I be able to get that fixed before Friday, so I'll make do without it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We don't panic. But, I do prepare in other ways. Move stuff around to make snow clearing easier, etc. But, Murphy is still alive and well- my best snow tool, the skid loader, just developed a leaking seal in one of the lift cylinders. No way will I be able to get that fixed before Friday, so I'll make do without it.
Mark,
Used my Bobcat in the last snow storm, The snow was so wet and heavy it was too much for the L with the rear blade to deal with, and too wet for the blower.
So I broke out the Bobcat to see if I could cut a line and it worked perfectly!
I'm definitely setting up the blower and a snow blade along with putting glass in the cab for it next winter. ;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Mark,
Used my Bobcat in the last snow storm, The snow was so wet and heavy it was too much for the L with the rear blade to deal with, and too wet for the blower.
So I broke out the Bobcat to see if I could cut a line and it worked perfectly!
I'm definitely setting up the blower and a snow blade along with putting glass in the cab for it next winter. ;)
The 743 is a good, balanced, working machine! It's easy on fuel, and I have been real surprised how well it moves snow. Just not this time...

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I don't know who the guy is, but I read through the original post. Seems most of you guys were being really helpful with good info and he just had his sign out on the corner street will work for a tractor.................

I am a member on a lot of forums and lots of people help each other in different ways. Most times in good needed info! Sometimes a few will go out of their way to help more, especially if people live close by to each other. The hunting forums I belong too are a close knit bunch, but we see each other in real life many of us - we live within 10-15 mins up to 2-3 hours away from each other. That makes a world of difference.

One forum I'm a member too - is actually an organization. The forum is there because or the group and almost everyone knows each other and sees each other lots of times a year. One those types of forums I could see more $$ help if you actually know, hang out and do things with the person asking.