Emulator

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Can we not have a discussion about emulators for the DPF system on tractors?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
We should be able to.
If not, hopefully the moderators will explain why not.
Some talk about adding turbos to non turboed tractors. Same thing to me.
The owner is modifying the equipment somehow.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The thread that was just eliminated seemed to be spam with the OP going sideways on every response. The photos and links in the thread probably was the tipping point.

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
It was originally post yesterday and only had 5 replies with no links or pictures.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
It was just a plainly weird thread that went off the rails early.

I thank the moderators for deleting it. (saves me time watching a train wreck!)

EDIT: DANG IT - IT'S BEEN UN-DELETED (just now)

Last edited:
  • Haha

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I enjoy watching train wrecks. Almost as entertaining as newbie's in boats and trying to back a trailer up the first time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I was watching it this morning, then got interrupted by having to go to work, came back and it was gone or at least mangled pretty thoroughly. Was watching it because it sounded like the OP was describing the failure of an OEM emulator. My mechanical abilities aren’t exactly on the level to be deleting and putting a turbo on my Tier 4 L, but I was thinking “OEM emulator” is an oxymoron. I got so confused by “OEM emulator” I’m somewhat embarrassed to say I looked up the definition of emulator to confirm I hadn’t suffered a senior moment and found the following: “An emulator is a hardware device or software program that enables one computer system (also known as a host) to imitate the functions of another computer system (known as the guest).” If it isn’t faking DPF system presence and performance to keep the ECM happy despite the DPF system’s absence (AKA an illegal delete), what the heck is it emulating?

Was kind of looking forward to photos of an OEM emulator even if it was a bit toasty. Suspect pics of “OEM emulators” on diesel engines are about as common as photos of Sasquatch. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Found the original thread. Interesting thread. Not planning to delete.

Last edited: