Easy Fan Belt replacement

GlueGuy

Equipment
2018 BX23S, 3PH, Back Blade, Rake, 18ft Trailer
Apr 4, 2011
Newport, North Carolina
Just replaced my fan belt on my BX24 with a variable length link belt from Amazon . Didn't have to move the engine or remove the drive shaft. Took about an hour after the loader, front guard, and the side panels were off. Seems like a very reasonable fix for a miserable Kubota service problem. Have a pair of small, long nose vise grips and a pair of offset long nose pliers. Make the splice on the side away from the alternator since there's more room to work. make sure the alternator is loosened and pushed all the may in towards the block. Run the belt into the pulley grooves and tension the belt! Works great! I used: V Belt Adjustable Link V-Belt - 3/8-inches x 4-feet Type Z Link Belt Phoenix goods and had about 16" left over!
No photo description available.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
curious how long this will last, if it last years, its a pretty slick idea.
BX belt replacement isnt that bad. remove the 3 bolts slide the coupler clear, loosen alternator, install belt, 30-45 minutes.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Put one on my NH square baler a few years ago because belt replacement for the pickup requires removing the knotter drive components, a real PITA. It lasted maybe one field and broke and then I had to install the real Vee belt anyway. Should have just bit the bullet in the first place and replaced it with the real McCoy.

Might be acceptable and lasting in a low torque, low speed application but for me it was a waste of money.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Harbor Fright also sells this type product. It might be good in a pinch for short term use or to get home but it’s difficult to imagine it as a long term solution.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Table saws with this style of belt have less vibration - especially if it's months between uses.