Dump Trailer Hydraulics question

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My dump trailer has two methods of triggering hydraulically raising/lowering…. there is a corded-remote… which works fine…

…and there is a wireless remote…which HAS worked just fine…but today has developed a problem.

It Raises the bed fine by either method.

But Lowering the bed…the corded-remote works fine…but the wireless remote ..runs the pump-motor…. but quickly gives the same “whiney” sound as if the bed has reached it‘s limit and can go no further….and the bed will not lower.

The corded remote will lower it just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When my remote winch did that it was a bad relay.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You should post make/model information.
Since the 'local' (corded) system works fine, unlikely the power relays.
If it does need power to lower,there may be some 'sensor' that says it IS down, even though it isn't.
Does this happen if 1/4 up ,1/2 up, any or all positions ?
Have you replaced the remotes batteries ?
Have you disconnected the pump's battery ?
If you only go 1/2 way up, try to go down then up further, will it still go up ?
I can think of a dozen+ reasons why this could happen but without knowing 'how-it-works' can't say exactly what is 'busted'.

In the meantime, go to the manufacture's website, find their 'FAQ/ troubleshooting' pages, see if they have something online .

curious, I found THREE different ways to wire a wireless remote to 'dump trailer hydraulics',so it is important to KNOW which units you have.

Last edited: