Driveway grading scrapers

hdhedges

Equipment
B2650 HST fel land pride BOX BLADE
Sep 1, 2014
Fort Davis, Texas
Is there a scraper available that adjusts side to side in order to maintain driveway crown. Also have fairly steep driveway with water diversions berms that would need to be kept open. Box blade is not the right tool for this job. Any suggestions?

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Usually it is the tractor that adjusts the tilt, using the hitch linkage, not the implement.

Some grading scrapers will allow uneven adjustment of the blades.

Bruce

Last edited:

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
The Landpride Grader Scraper allows for the height adjustment you are looking for. And as was posted, you could play with the 3 pt arms to change the BB angle.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Your box blade should work just fine. Take a look at some of the Youtube video for using a box blade. I have one for my B2320 and it crowns my driveway perfectly. It's all a matter of adjusting the lower 3 point arms to get the blade sitting as you want. The planers work well too but you can achieve the same results with a box blade.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You most certainly can maintain/create a crown on a driveway with a box scraper by dropping one side of the box lower than the other. It requires you to ride the 3 point lever to maintain a grade, but it is possible.

Mid to high end rear blades also have the ability to tilt the moldboard to accomplish the same thing.

That being said... I have all three. If I could only have 1, it would be a box scraper.

ETA: You don't need to shift a grader scraper (land plane) side to side... The cutting edges are already positioned to move material from right to left from the vantage point of sitting in the seat facing forward. Its not a massive amount of angle, but it does work.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have a Land Pride Grader Scraper, but I have never tried to tilt if for crowning the road. Instead I use a rear blade and tilt the 3 point hitch as far as possible. My driveway runs through the woods and is slightly sunken so I try to cut the sides down as deep as possible to collect all the water on the edge of the drive and then dig drains off the driveway with the fel. It works good until we have a spring like this year with a lot of rain and the frost still in the ground. The frost keeps the water from draining and the top 4-6" turns into a mud bog.