Draft control missing part m4500

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
I am trying to repair draft control on an m4500 that has been modified/hacked during a previous repair.
I think the "lock bracket" is missing. It looks like it be a rectangular bar with a couple of holes and easy to fabricate if I had dimensions.

Anyone willing to take measurements or post an image?
I can figure out hole size and locations, but just need width/height and if it is truly just a bar.

The spring was snapped and a pipe was welded in as a field hack. Without the lock bracket I think the spring will just break again.
Jim
IMG_1678.jpg

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
What years is your tractor. Ours is an early model. IIRC it's a 1979 model.
Sorry Jerry but I have no idea what year. When I buy parts I say "1980-ish". Pretty sure it mounts to this surface (red arrow) and is attached via 2 holes (blue arrows). Thanks for the help.
1655844554087.png

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
One more question.

My 3 point control lever acts weird compared to other machines I have operated. It lifts smooth and with full power. But if I move it too fast the 3 point movement stalls and holds at that spot. I can move the lever back down then up slower and it will lift through the entire range. Lowering can be done as fast as you want.

Is this normal?

Background: I bought the machine with "not working hydraulics". I found the filter to be clogged with debris from the brake pads. I replaced the brake pads, flushed the system and 3 point and remotes still did not work.

I then completely disassembled and inspected the pump, remote spool valves, hydraulic control system and 3 point lift cylinder. All were cleaned and inspected against the WSM wear limits and reassembled. It worked! Including the remotes. I found no debris or dirt so my theory is that I simply had a "priming" issue with the pump.

All that said I just don't want to go through troubleshooting/adjusting the hydraulic control if this type of operation (the stall) is normal.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
One more question.

My 3 point control lever acts weird compared to other machines I have operated. It lifts smooth and with full power. But if I move it too fast the 3 point movement stalls and holds at that spot. I can move the lever back down then up slower and it will lift through the entire range. Lowering can be done as fast as you want.

Is this normal?

Background: I bought the machine with "not working hydraulics". I found the filter to be clogged with debris from the brake pads. I replaced the brake pads, flushed the system and 3 point and remotes still did not work.

I then completely disassembled and inspected the pump, remote spool valves, hydraulic control system and 3 point lift cylinder. All were cleaned and inspected against the WSM wear limits and reassembled. It worked! Including the remotes. I found no debris or dirt so my theory is that I simply had a "priming" issue with the pump.

All that said I just don't want to go through troubleshooting/adjusting the hydraulic control if this type of operation (the stall) is normal.
Mine doesn't operate that way. I have both position control and draft control onour M4500 three point hitch. Which lever are you lifting when it stalls?

I got busy today and did get to looking at our M4500. I'll try to remember tomorrow when I am out there.

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
I leave the draft control lever down and raise/lower with the position lever. I noticed yesterday that when turn the hydraulic speed control up, regardless of the position control lever location the 3 point will raise.

based on all this “wired mess” I think I’m going to bite the bullet and go through the hydraulic control adjustment routine lined out in the service manual.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I leave the draft control lever down and raise/lower with the position lever. I noticed yesterday that when turn the hydraulic speed control up, regardless of the position control lever location the 3 point will raise.

based on all this “wired mess” I think I’m going to bite the bullet and go through the hydraulic control adjustment routine lined out in the service manual.

I looked at our M4500 today. That piece you are missing appears to be there to limit the motion of the top link attachment (the fitting with the three holes in it). It is a 5 inch long piece of steel bar stock that is 1/2 inch thick and 7/8 inch in depth. The holes match the holes in the casting.

Does your problem occur with and without a load on the three point?

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Jerry,
Thanks for the info on the lock bracket dimensions. I'll try to fabricate one soon and install it.
I have a pretty heavy 8 foot blade mounted to the 3 point right now. I didn't want to lift anything too heavy until I install the lock bracket.
I will also run through the hydraulic control adjustment procedure in the WSM and post results.