Does Kubota make combines?

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Kubota M110X, Kubota M9540, and Kubota M6800
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario
I do know they make rice harvesters but what about combines? We have a Massey Ferguson 550 combine that we might replace in about 5 years or beacause it's pretty old. About 1970's old.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No and if they ever do, they won't build it themselves. They sell hay tools now, round balers, rakes and mowers but they don't make any of them, they rebadge them Kubota with a new 5 gallon finish. I believe the hay tools are Kneverland if I spelled it right.

Kind of like JD and their Pioneer Line. Pioneer hay tools are Kuhn repainted.

The big Kubota tractors aren't Kubota built either. All rebadged stuff.

I'm a big Kubota (tractor fan) but I'd never consider buying a Kubota branded hay tool. Much mire established brands to choose from.

Reactions: 1 user

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
No and if they ever do, they won't build it themselves. They sell hay tools now, round balers, rakes and mowers but they don't make any of them, they rebadge them Kubota with a new 5 gallon finish. I believe the hay tools are Kneverland if I spelled it right.

I'm a big Kubota (tractor fan) but I'd never consider buying a Kubota branded hay tool. Much mire established brands to choose from.
Kverneland have been making ag implements for over 140 years and were always a respected brand in europe

bernhardine

Equipment
M4072 (M4D-071), B7000
Jan 14, 2019
Germany
I do know they make rice harvesters but what about combines?
Yes and no. In 2012 Kubota took over the "Kveneland-Group".
This includes "Deutz-Fahr" Harvest with several (good) Combine models.
But they don't sell them under the name Kubota.

Since 2019 Kubota works together with "Bühler Industries", which is a 100% Part of "Rostselmash".
They plan to build variations of the russian Combines and sell them under the brand Kubota in orange.

@SidecarFlip:
The big Kubota tractors are all Kubota built !!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Did I read some place the big "K" was going to make an articulating tractor?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I don't consider Kneverland or whatever it is Kubota nor Buehler for that matter. It's all a business acquisition, like Land Pride, nothing more.

The domestic ag market is very hard to break into, too many well established brands with good dealer networks to back them up. Heck, my dealer wanted to sell me a Kubota round bailer in the worst way. I passed. Hard to beat established brands like New Holland. Same way with rakes. needed a new rake last spring, dealer again wanted to sell me a Kubota rebadged rake. Bought a Kuhn instead.

No issue with their tractors at all. I do have issues with rebadged equipment that they have no input in except for paint and decals.

Kubota had aspirations of becoming a big player here, problem is, between JD and CNH, the market is pretty sewn up today. Least around here it is.

Kubota does have the majority share in the under 75 horsepower market but that is about it.

Like a wise man once said, you can only slice the pie so many ways and then the slices aren't worth squat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Kubota 'tried' building a tracked tractor like JD and CNH build and sell well but they didn't do so hot.

One thing you have to remember and that is, you can sell a ton of 20-30 grand units but you'll never sell a ton of 150-200 grand units because the market is already sewn up.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats pretty cute but I thought it was like a farm tractor,,, BUT I could be wrong,,, again :)

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario

Yes the M8 series is made by Versatile. And the tillage tools are made by Land Pride and great plains although great Plains originally owned Land pride. Then yes Kneverland was bought by Kubota.

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario

Since 2019 Kubota works together with "Bühler Industries", which is a 100% Part of "Rostselmash".
They plan to build variations of the russian Combines and sell them under the brand Kubota in orange.

@SidecarFlip:
The big Kubota tractors are all Kubota built !!!!
That's what I thought!

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario
Yes I got a little preview picture but you can find it on google. So it's technically a Versatile but it's marketed as a Kubota. I wonder what they will call it maybe the version with tracks could be the M-12 well just have to wait and see.
50126-75d85f936a9c8544c740bc3ffc05a7e9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would buy a rebadged anything when the original item is available?

Makes no sense to me, especially from a repair / replacement parts standpoint and being a farmer, I know all about repair and replacement parts, especially breakdowns when you need the equipment most.

Why I would never buy Kubota hay tools when CNH is available at an authorized dealership (with qualified factory trained techs) close by.

Why I didn't buy a Pioneer rake last spring. Bought a Kuhn instead. Pioneer rotary rakes are repainted Kuhn's and a 5 gallon finish don't make it any different in my view.

I'm Kubota prejudiced, but real Kubota, built by Kubota in a Kubota factory, not a unit built somewhere that Kubota has bought a financial interest in with the hopes of increasing market share.

The exception to that is Landpride. Kubota is the sole owner of Landpride now, not a minority partner.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yes I got a little preview picture but you can find it on google. So it's technically a Versatile but it's marketed as a Kubota. I wonder what they will call it maybe the version with tracks could be the M-12 well just have to wait and see. View attachment 50126
No, it is a Versatile with a 5 gallon finish and some stick on decals.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not with standing, I'd say maybe less than 1% of posters on here would ever own a Kubota in the excess of 90 gross horsepower anyway. You don't buy a large frame tractor unless you are pretty flush in the first place or you have a bona fide ag use for one.

Pretty evident by just how many posters have actual farming tractors like I have, I think there are maybe 3 or 4 and that is it. Everything else is either a CUT, sub CUT or a utility unit in the 50 or less gross horsepower range.

Fun to look at ( big ones), but own one, not happening on this forum. I'm a very distinct minority here (and proud of it....)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would buy a rebadged anything when the original item is available?

Makes no sense to me, especially from a repair / replacement parts standpoint and being a farmer, I know all about repair and replacement parts, especially breakdowns when you need the equipment most.

Why I would never buy Kubota hay tools when CNH is available at an authorized dealership (with qualified factory trained techs) close by.

Why I didn't buy a Pioneer rake last spring. Bought a Kuhn instead. Pioneer rotary rakes are repainted Kuhn's and a 5 gallon finish don't make it any different in my view.

I'm Kubota prejudiced, but real Kubota, built by Kubota in a Kubota factory, not a unit built somewhere that Kubota has bought a financial interest in with the hopes of increasing market share.

The exception to that is Landpride. Kubota is the sole owner of Landpride now, not a minority partner.
Flipper, the companies that you seem to be holding in such high esteem, John Deere and CNH, have been buying up companies for 100+/- years to make their companies. They are absolutely no different than what Kubota is doing now. CNH is no where the company that NH use to be. Most of JD’s hay tools are not made in this country but in their European plants which are remains of companies they bought up many many years ago. The only difference with Kubota is that they are relatively newcomers to the game of buying up companies to fill in the gaps in their product lines.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany

Hello,
May i correct you here,
Deutz-Fahr haymaking machines were part if the greenland group with Rivierre Casalis balers, PZ, Vicon and some others which ended up as part of Kverneland,
Kverneland is one of the best plough makers ever, which indeed has been purchased from kubota.
Kubota is manufacturing the M series tractors themselves in a new factory near Dunkerk in northern france,
Deutz-Fahr combines never ever had anything to do with greenland, but with historically KÖLA and later Same-Lamborghini-Hürlimann which bought the Deutz-Fahr tractor and combine brand and factory after i left in 1995.
Today the combines come from Croatia, from the licence partner djuro djakovicz which is now part of Same Deutz Fahr as well.

John Deere stopped selling green John Deere branded Kuhn and Krone machines in the US?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flipper, the companies that you seem to be holding in such high esteem, John Deere and CNH, have been buying up companies for 100+/- years to make their companies. They are absolutely no different than what Kubota is doing now. CNH is no where the company that NH use to be. Most of JD’s hay tools are not made in this country but in their European plants which are remains of companies they bought up many many years ago. The only difference with Kubota is that they are relatively newcomers to the game of buying up companies to fill in the gaps in their product lines.
I agree, to a point. All my hay tools with the exception of the Kuhn rake were made here in New Holland Pa. The build plates tell me that.

What I'm alluding to is that Kubota is late in the merger game. The market is already top heavy as it is and the pie slice is pretty thin. I'm really the odd man out around here with large frame Kubota's. Mostly JD and CNH.

Kind of like Bobcat bringing out their new small tractors. Nothing more than rebadged and repainted Kioti's. Think I'd by the Kioti before I bought a Bobact.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
BAP, I really don't hold any in high regard and that includes Kubota. What I operate works for me but high regard no. I believe my main reason for running Kubota prime power is my relationship with my dealer. If. for some reason that went south, I'd switch to another color, totally color blind.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
I agree, to a point. All my hay tools with the exception of the Kuhn rake were made here in New Holland Pa. The build plates tell me that.

What I'm alluding to is that Kubota is late in the merger game. The market is already top heavy as it is and the pie slice is pretty thin. I'm really the odd man out around here with large frame Kubota's. Mostly JD and CNH.

Kind of like Bobcat bringing out their new small tractors. Nothing more than rebadged and repainted Kioti's. Think I'd by the Kioti before I bought a Bobact.
I wouldn't say that they are late to the game so much as they are just starting to diversify more now. Kubota's portfolio has yet to really focus on the American farm market. Most of their stuff is focused on the smaller plots in Europe and Japan. Also now might be the exact right time for Kubota to start edging into the market of Combine Harvesters and large frame tractors especially if they allow farmers and local shops access to parts to do repairs.

I say this because John Deere is alienating some of the not die hard green bleeding farmers by making the ability to repair your own equipment near impossible. It leaves a gap in the market for Case, NH, or Kubota to fill. Really all they need is a gap and they can start expanding their market share via price cuts, financing, rebates or a slew of other incentives to get themselves where they need to be.

As far as rebadges go every company does it and they can do it for a bunch of reasons. Like Bobcat is using Kioti until they get their production line up and going in the next 5 years. Kubota may use Kveneland for the patents that only they have access to or to better leverage their cost and offset R&D.

The amount of rebadging and outsourcing that is done is seen everywhere. Ford buys their electric power steering from the same place that GM and Chrysler do. There was a post not long ago about the mark up on a relay in the headliner of a Kubota that is the same used in a Nissan. Rebadging is only dangerous or detrimental when they do it to hit a price point and diminish the value of their name to make more sales in stores like Walmart.