does buying a tractor work like buying a car?

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
According to my salesman and the two cases that I know of, it is a replacement policy. Any fix/repair up to and including a new tractor.
In laymens terms, yes. Having just gone through the process, I can assure you that they don't actually replace your tractor. They buy yours back (including paying off the old loan) and you buy a new one as a whole new transaction from Kubota. The new one will get a new insurance policy, financing, etc. You can end up with a new tractor out of the deal but it's not automatic.

We're saying the same thing in two different ways but it's not technically a replacement policy. You have the option of walking away from your tractor with a partial payment and not replacing the tractor.

Last edited:

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
You have the option of walking away from your tractor with a partial payment and not replacing the tractor.
Well THAT doesn't sound like much of an option!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
TX Chris was the new transaction through Kubota directly or through a dealership also? Through Kubota directly you wouldn't have the dealer markup but I'm not sure they would do that. I do recall something saying up to the original purchase price in my KTAC literature.

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
TX Chris was the new transaction through Kubota directly or through a dealership also? Through Kubota directly you wouldn't have the dealer markup but I'm not sure they would do that. I do recall something saying up to the original purchase price in my KTAC literature.
The new 'replacement' was a standard purchase through a dealership. The down payment included money sent to the dealer from KTAC for the loss of the L3901.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The new 'replacement' was a standard purchase through a dealership. The down payment included money sent to the dealer from KTAC for the loss of the L3901.
So if the same model went up $500 from when you purchased it, you would be responsible for that $500 in addition to the KTAC deductible?

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I bought a BX 23S in the fall.
Got 2 dealer quotes, big dealer was 1K over MSRP, little dealer was 1K under MSRP.

I would have gone bigger but I sacrificed size for implements.
A 20K BX23S becomes 30K real quick when you add a snowblower, sweeper, forks, etc.

True it is a very tough little tractor, hoe will dig 6 feet all day, every day.
But yes also true the forks will only handle 500lbs.

Can't knock my tractor but yes if you are doing big rock work, consider a larger tractor.
If you are doing just earth work with that BX bucket, it may suit you well.

I never priced an L series with a hoe, snowblower, sweeper, etc, I'd imagine its at least 40K.

Irrigation Guy

Equipment
B2601
Dec 19, 2020
North East
My buddy has a well drilling business and they buy all Kubota equipment for trenching and such. One of his young employees was trailering the articulated loader backhoe. He took it under a low trestle bridge and ripped the cab off of it. Cost him $500 bucks to have Kubota repair it.

NY Kubota

Equipment
Kubota L3301
Jan 23, 2021
Ny
hi orange people! im looking to buy a tractor, but have no idea what im doing. is there TTL like on a car? do i need insurance? is there an MSRP and a dealer invoice margin? What kind of % off is competitive? Every quote I have so far is MSRP or higher. I dont understand it, so I joined this forum hoping to learn. Thanks!
Welcome to the boards. I bought an Kubota L3301 HST about 6 months ago and am very happy I did. I was considering a BX at the time and very glad a friend had a BX he let me borrow for a few days. The BX is a great LITTLE tractor for the most part. The ground clearance and lifting power is limited for woods, rocks and heavy lifting. That being said the BX will do most of what a bigger tractor will do however it will take a lot more time and finesse. When I purchased my tractor I got no discount off the MSRP. I did receive a 900 discount on a new implement which I used for a box blade. I have purchased several add-ons since my purchase (Grapple, Forks, Snow pusher, Trailer hitch for the front loader and rear blade) with more to come. What I have found is you will use a tractor for much more than you thought when you start looking for one. I hope this helps in some way. Good luck.