Does anybody else have one of these, or know what it is.

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
O.K. Time to let the cat out of the bag.

It is a 3PH for lawn mowers and tractors that don't have one. The winch is used to raise and lower the implement you are using. I have a rocker switch on one of the "handles" on my Toro that I used with this. Here is a pic with my disc cultivator on it.

Here's a pic of the switch I use on the handle of my Toro.

And a closeup of the new winch I put on it about a month before I bought the BX.

The trailer worked great with the disk cultivator, but not so great with the tine cultivator. It worked, but I had to get a full blown running start. And uh, well, when I put the plow on it and engaged, (lowered the plow into the ground), it was the fastest wheely I ever pulled.

Hence, this was one of the main reason's the BX was adopted.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I see where your going with the idea but too damn dangerous brother. Sounds like you've already needed a new pair of underwear once you pooped that big wheelie. Another thing you need to be careful of is that winch line snapping like a twig and nailing you in the back when you least expect it and ripping you a new one. Trust me I operated wreckers and rollbacks and have snapped my fair share of winch line.

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
I see where your going with the idea but too damn dangerous brother. Sounds like you've already needed a new pair of underwear once you pooped that big wheelie. Another thing you need to be careful of is that winch line snapping like a twig and nailing you in the back when you least expect it and ripping you a new one. Trust me I operated wreckers and rollbacks and have snapped my fair share of winch line.
That's why I adopted a BX. Didn't have the traction or the weight to make it work really well. Didn't think about the safety issues! Good point.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Man oh man, doin that with a zero turn. That is awsome, crazy but awsome. A man after my own heart. And you didn't take a vid of you tryin that plow. You could have put that on funniest home video's. I once took a 10 hp lawn tractor and made a tiller out of it and then strapped it to the back of an 8 horse lawn tractor. Quickest trip across the yard I've ever had. What a hoot.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
..I once took a 10 hp lawn tractor and made a tiller out of it and then strapped it to the back of an 8 horse lawn tractor. Quickest trip across the yard I've ever had. What a hoot.:D Dusty
Dusty, that picture would have been worth a million $$$$

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
ptwyz very interesting it reminded me of my grandsons waverunner trailer. dusty your story was funny to. I will admit to one now dusty. The first transaxle I ever tried to rebuild looked good clean looked brand new. Man came to pick it up tried it out:eek: PROBLEM DURN THING HAD 4 REVERSES AND 1 FORWARD. i DONT ADMIT TO ANYTHING LIKE THAT OFTEN::eek: HE HAD A HECK OF A LOOK ON HIS FACE. I tore it back apart changed sprockets and chains. Worked good next 7-8 years he owned it. Learned from that one. handy