Does a Rear Blade Exist that Does All This?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
To the OP, as you can see there are plenty of other blades available as good or better than the EA blades.
Most if not all of of these blades are available without the hydraulics, in fact most of them the hydraulics are simply an option, not an actual feature of the std blade.
I highly recommend going with an 8' wide blade for your tractor as well as getting the skid shoes.

Good luck with your choice. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Tilt allows you to quickly and easily make 'swayles' and berms, aids in cleaning out ditches. My 70 year 'young like me' Oxnard is GREAT at that ! At 6' covers the tracks,spins 360, tilts and can adjust 'pitch' or 'cutting angle' of the blade.
While 'offset' ( left or right, might be nice, I'd just plan ahead the job to figure out how to do it. Yes, I'd take a few more passes but job got done.

BTW I'm happy Chase gave you back your coins !!!!
Thanks! (y)

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I am happy with my LP RBT3596. LP has different sizes and grades depending on what you are looking for…this catalog is a couple years old but maybe still relevant. (The bigger the first two digits generally the more robust / stout). They have more options but I suspect these are size range appropriate for you. Their website should have more recent info.

I would mention mine has hydraulics and as parked, it saggs and sort of a pain to hook up. Not sure others have experienced that or not? The hydraulic functions very nice while in the seat though.

Happy shopping. 🥃

Attachments

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
I use my Bison blade manually with the pins. For the offset, I bought a manual ratchet jack to replace the telescoping link and pin assembly. This blade is extremely heavy duty, maybe better than EA.
I'm confused by Bison's model numbers and their 2-pg brochure lists all their 6 lines of blades with specs but it says zilch about what lines were intended for what uses. I've sent a message to SW Distributing to ask what they recommend for my usage and tractor.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I'm confused by Bison's model numbers and their 2-pg brochure lists all their 6 lines of bladed with specs but it says zilch about what lines were intended for what uses. I've sent a message to SW Distributing to ask what they recommend for my usage and tractor.
The blade I have is a category 2 hitch size. Just look at the category 1 hitch models for your blade. I agree that they don’t have a lot of product information but they are very well constructed and worth considering.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I have an old TufLine blade. This new GB5 7 footer is listed as 1100 lbs.

This is my 7 footer. It's a GB1 series lighter than the GB5 above. I use it for ditching on a L3010 (30 HP) w/o any problems.

P1150365.JPG

gg

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
This is a Leinbach I recently borrowed from a friend to smooth out a washed out gravel drive. It had all the adjustments and I want one. I googled Leinbach and EA comes up (n)

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is a Leinbach I recently borrowed from a friend to smooth out a washed out gravel drive. It had all the adjustments and I want one. I googled Leinbach and EA comes up (n)
Leinbach went out of business!
EA called that their,...... "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade"
I have one from EA, and love it!

I have had 4 different branded blades over the years.
This is BY FAR the best of the bunch.
Sadly,......EA is seemingly out of business now also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Here's an odd thing. The Tuffline GB1 and GB4 blades seem to be heavier for the lower horsepower rating than the higher one.

GB1-84 hp range 20-40 Oper. Wt. 437 lb Moldboard 1/4"
GB4-84 hp range 35-75 Oper. Wt. 376 lb Moldboard 1/4"

Seems like the blade designed for a bigger tractor would be more massive, wouldn't it?

This is right out of their owner's manual btw.

I should probably ask them, but if anyone has a good answer to this, do tell. I think it's not the only manufacturer I've seen this with, but I've looked at so many lately I can't remember.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
I'm starting to gravitate to either the Land Pride or the Bush Hog. I can get either one locally here in central MO and the prices for the other ones don't make them any more attractive when you add on shipping. Some of the brands folks are mentioning don't have dealers in my state at all.

One thing I've looked at to gauge value is the price per lb and the LP and BH are close together on that.

Edit: My table got goofed up, will repost

Last edited:

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Well I'm entering all the info in a table but it's not posting, at least I can't see it. Darn it.

All I see is "no code has to be inserted here."

No code has to be inserted here.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
One thing I notice between the Bush Hog and the LP is that the tilt on the Bush Hog has a pull pin, whereas on the LP you have to loosen and tighten bolts. I don't mind manual operation, but not all manual operation is created equal.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
One thing I notice between the Bush Hog and the LP is that the tilt on the Bush Hog has a pull pin, whereas on the LP you have to loosen and tighten bolts. I don't mind manual operation, but not all manual operation is created equal.
Do not get a blade that requires loosening/tightening bolts!
I had an 84" King Kutter blade like that.
A real nuisance! to use.

Reactions: 1 users

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
The Homestead scraper appears to be the closest thing to the Leinbach blade that I have seen. 6 way adjustment with pins.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The Homestead scraper appears to be the closest thing to the Leinbach blade that I have seen. 6 way adjustment with pins.
If that is what they are making/selling, that, IMHO would be the way to go.