Disappointed!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think what happens at dealer is, they get kids that have no clue about what really needs to be done or checked and to be truthful really don't much give a crap. I have seen this at car dealerships and at the HD shop and I would make the rash assumption at the Kubota store as well. I hope they get everything together for you. And you will have a good machine to play,,,errrrr work I meant work with

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Funny they got right on it.
My guess is sales department is bypassing the pdi part and just shipping them out. Take your chances and pay the price.

Good reputation is usually built on service.

I agree with apprentices doing pdi inspections, but usually they uncrate and assemble them.
Auto dealers-the young-uns wash and detail vehicles. The ford dealer i was at would only let seasoned techs do pdi's.

Last edited:

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Finally got the new BX25 straightened out. The dealer had a tech do a home call. All the trouble with the no start or hard start, no dash lights etc.. was a result of a corroded ignition switch. The dealer stores these machines out in the weather and water must have gotten into the switch. When he took it off and opened it up, it was full of green corrosion. Cleaned it up, applied plenty of di-electric grease and the machine is running perfectly. He also snogged up a leaking hydraulic hose but it still weeps a little so I am looking to have this replaced.
The tech said corrosion in the ignition and light switch assemblies are very common on these machines, especially if let out in the rain. Something for everyone to keep an eye out for when electrical issues arise.

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Mork,

Glad to hear you're back on track!

The bumps were a bummer but hopefully all of that is behind you now.

Welcome to Orange! Here's to many years with no further problems. Hope you really enjoy your new toy.

Steve

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Mork,

Glad to hear you're back on track!

The bumps were a bummer but hopefully all of that is behind you now.

Welcome to Orange! Here's to many years with no further problems. Hope you really enjoy your new toy.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I am sure it will be a blast at the summer place.

J

jasonTDI

Equipment
May 31, 2014
Dunn, WI
FWIW if he got the turf tires they CAN be completely out of air and unless you have some load on the front or turn on pavement you might not notice it. The side walls are that stiff.

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
Make sure you check your front axle oil. BX tractors are known to be VERY LOW from the factory and I don't think many dealers check it. I will bet yours is low to. Check it and let us know if it was low. There is a orange plug with a dip stick on it on top of the left side of the axle. The cap will be kinda hard to get out but it just pulls out.