Disappointed!

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Hi folks, My very first post here.

last week I purchased a new BX25. I had the dealer drop it off at my summer place due to not having a suitable trailer to transport it. Anyways, I only got the chance to start it up and use it this weekend. First thing I noticed was the left front tire was next to flat. Inflated it and check the other 3 we were good to go. Put the key in the ignition, turned to warm up spot no dash display and no start. tried it a couple of times then the dash came on and I was able to start the machine. While warming it up, it sputtered a couple of times and I noticed the dash would go blank each time this happened. Turned off the machine and tried to restart, same routine. Also noticed a hydraulic leak in the left bucket lift arm ram line. Snugged it up a little but it still continues to leak. I am so disappointed that none of this was identified and fixed during the suppose PDI at the dealer. The machine does not have 2 hours on it. Now I have to find some way of getting it back to the dealer to have it looked at. if it was something simple, like a loose connection, I would do it myself rather than go through the hassle of trying to locate a trailer to move it. Any one have any suggestions as to what the starting/running issue may be? I know it is electrical and checked the battery cables which appear to be tight.

Thanks

Jim

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You shouldn't have to move it, I would tell the dealer to stuff it. You have a flat tire, electrical issues and a hyd leak before you even get to use it. What will go wrong next?

Any company can build a "lemon" and it sounds to me like you just bought it.

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
You shouldn't have to move it, I would tell the dealer to stuff it. You have a flat tire, electrical issues and a hyd leak before you even get to use it. What will go wrong next?

Any company can build a "lemon" and it sounds to me like you just bought it.
After a little research I think it may be a safety switch or a PTO setting. The starting issue can be as simple as this. I suspect the hydraulic leak will have to be replacement of the hose to the bucket lift ram.

J

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pull the line off completely clean and reinstall sometimes the slightest little debris will cause the to not seal right.

#1 check the seat switch it is notorious for causing start issues, second would be either PTO engagement switch or the HST pedal switch, try moving both and see which one triggers the start.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Wolfman, would a safety switch cause the dash to go blank like Mork described?

I understand keeping it from cranking or the seat switch killing it but the shutting the dash off is new to me, but I haven't really been around any of the BX tractors yet.

Is that how these new Kubotas work?

KBinCT

Nov 16, 2014
Ledyard, CT USA
I'd say you might have a loose connection somewhere, like the ignition switch plug or one of the other connectors somewhere on the wiring harness. Also your dealer should send out their service truck with a mechanic to fix the problems. That's what my dealer did when I had a coolant leak on my L3901 earlier this year. Good luck.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It is more of a dealer issue- they are supposed to prep the tractor before delivery, and should have done a better job. I would be disappointed in them, not Kubota. Because of that, you shouldn't have to get the tractor to them- they need to either come to you and fix it, or haul it back to the shop.

My dad bought a new John Deere tractor, and it had a few growing pains. So, it happens. The local dealer, though, have gone above and beyond to take care of everything, including sending a highly trained, well equipped technician to our place to fix it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi folks, My very first post here.

last week I purchased a new BX25. I had the dealer drop it off at my summer place due to not having a suitable trailer to transport it. Anyways, I only got the chance to start it up and use it this weekend. First thing I noticed was the left front tire was next to flat.

BX TIRES HAVE BEEN KNOW TO SPIN ON THEIR RESPECTIVE HUBS!:D:)

Inflated it and check the other 3 we were good to go. Put the key in the ignition, turned to warm up spot no dash display and no start. tried it a couple of times then the dash came on and I was able to start the machine. While warming it up, it sputtered a couple of times and I noticed the dash would go blank each time this happened.

WONDER IF A SAFETY SWITCH IS NOT HITTING JUST RIGHT .....SEAT, PTO, OR SOMETHING.....

Turned off the machine and tried to restart, same routine. Also noticed a hydraulic leak in the left bucket lift arm ram line. Snugged it up a little but it still continues to leak. I am so disappointed that none of this was identified and fixed during the suppose PDI at the dealer. The machine does not have 2 hours on it. Now I have to find some way of getting it back to the dealer to have it looked at. if it was something simple, like a loose connection, I would do it myself rather than go through the hassle of trying to locate a trailer to move it. Any one have any suggestions as to what the starting/running issue may be? I know it is electrical and checked the battery cables which appear to be tight.

I would call the dealer and play the "I am so unhappy with this machine" -dance. IF he does not want to come a get it and or fix it on the spot ....I then would play the "do you really want me to call the corporate office?"

the flat tire could have been a fluke - the starting is a switch that is jusssst a wee bit out of whack.....

the fluid leak - no excuses there, dealer SHOULD fix all the above and wax the machine for you .....and buy you a cold coke......

call and tell the dealer how you lost hours of work time......and see if he does the right thing....

report back so all of us can learn!

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Wow, thats something. I would not touch it. You paid a lot of money for a new machine- I would be pissed. I would have them take care of all this stuff. I assume this is why you bought a new one so you would not have these problems, at least for a while. Good luck!

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Wow, thats something. I would not touch it. You paid a lot of money for a new machine- I would be pissed. I would have them take care of all this stuff. I assume this is why you bought a new one so you would not have these problems, at least for a while. Good luck!
Yes I am pissed about it all. After forking over $23,000 I didn't expect to have to face this so early. I do all my own maintenance and am very particular about it but getting the bugs worked out should not be part of the deal. Line leaks, flat tires, etc are a PDI issue and should have been dealt with before leaving the shop. I am pretty confident that the starting issue is a PTO setting or a safety switch adjustment so that really does not bother me.

Thanks for all your help people, appreciate it.

J

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
No pdi. Sold and shipped. Its obvious. Starting issue for one. If it happened first time on the seat, the guy delivering it had the same issue.
Flat tire- what? Are they f'n blind??
Leak issue? Oh ya,cant miss that.

Call them and ask for a machine that had a proper pdi.they charge for the pdi, no?
Auto dealers used to.
Pdi is pre-delivery inspection, not post delivery.

Last edited:

Porkman

Equipment
L4701
Mar 30, 2015
Western Kentucky
I'd say you might have a loose connection somewhere, like the ignition switch plug or one of the other connectors somewhere on the wiring harness. Also your dealer should send out their service truck with a mechanic to fix the problems. That's what my dealer did when I had a coolant leak on my L3901 earlier this year. Good luck.
Agreed. This sure sounds like a loose connection. Check battery terminals, grounds, ignition switch, etc. Sure sounds like the dealer cheated the PDI process. Did they give you the completed PDI worksheet? Mine did. That doesn't necessarily mean everything was checked but it is a start in the right direction. After a few bugs are worked out, you should have a good tractor and be good to go.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Not much excuse for flat tire unless you have malicious kids in the neighborhood. I think a wire might have shaken loose. Screen does not go blank if you have a switch problem, it prints an error code if the key is in the on position, at least on the series I know about. The dealer needs to see this.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Not your responsibility, I'd call the dealer and if he won't do it, go up the chain of command. I had an issue with my new L5740 and my dealer sent a mechanic down. When it couldn't be fixed on site, he hauled it the 40+ miles to his shop and returned it at no cost.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And if you don't get any thing from the stealer you might want to post their name so that somebody else wont have the same issues your having,, Just MHO

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Update:

I got in touch with the dealer early this morning and the service manager contacted me. They have agreed to send a tech out to address the issues and will be installing Tubes in both front wheels under warranty. I did not anticipate any issues with this dealer as they are a very reputable business and everyone I have dealt with were top notch and professional. I really look forward to getting the gremlins worked out of this little machine and am confident it will be fantastic at my summer home.

J

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Update:

I got in touch with the dealer early this morning and the service manager contacted me. They have agreed to send a tech out to address the issues and will be installing Tubes in both front wheels under warranty. I did not anticipate any issues with this dealer as they are a very reputable business and everyone I have dealt with were top notch and professional. I really look forward to getting the gremlins worked out of this little machine and am confident it will be fantastic at my summer home.

J
Well that is a good sign - all of these things should have been checked BEFORE delivery - but crap happens. The fact that he is coming out and doing you right is the way it is supposed to be - so at least he is trying to amend the problems.

Let us know what he finds out about the running/starting problem !

You'll love the machine .....once it works!!!!:D:D:)

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Well that is a good sign - all of these things should have been checked BEFORE delivery - but crap happens. The fact that he is coming out and doing you right is the way it is supposed to be - so at least he is trying to amend the problems.

Let us know what he finds out about the running/starting problem !

You'll love the machine .....once it works!!!!:D:D:)
I really am looking forward to using it this summer.
I will update you on what they find but I assume it will be a connector that is not firmly seated.

J

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
1 call to the dealer and a short reasonable discussion should get things rolling.
I agree, You should not have to transport it or even get your hands dirty if you don't want to. Probably easy fixes but somebody needs to pay attention.