Digging into the Glowplug Relay & Controller

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
First off a huge shout out to my friend and neighbor North Idaho Wolfman for taking the time to talk me through this..

I started getting a buzzing under the dash during the glowplug cycle when turning the key on my L3600 last snow season

I knew the battery was old and weak so I changed that out and now I am chasing the Relay and Controller down.

Changed the Relay already, now just waiting on the new Controller to arrive

It actually wasn't as hard as I expected to get the dash apart, I just went really slow and steady. There was one bolt dead center behind the Tach that was a little challenge to get out.. You can see the brace for that bolt at the end of the wrench handle in the pic

So far so good..

Last edited:

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Noticed the black cross member attached to your FEL.....might do that to my B2650!

That North Idaho Wolf Man has been a great help to me as well.....lucky to have him here!

Here's a "home sketch" of the glow plug (and wiring fix) I just remedied last week :)

Attachments

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Controller arrived last night, installed in the COLD of the morning and I have the correct Glow Plug cycle again YES !!!!!

I think maybe I will wait for the sun to hit the tractor and warm her up a bit before I put the Plastic dash back together LOL

Cold Plastic + Cold Fingers are a disaster in the making :rolleyes:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excellent to hear that fixed it! :D

Good call on waiting for a little heat on the plastic. ;)

I've been thinking the last few night have just been a test to see if our fuel would gel, 7 degrees was a bit chilly! :rolleyes: