Diesel Particulant Filter and such (DPF)

Lawman

Jul 8, 2014
Joaquin, TX.
I have a M8200 that has been great..I like Kubota. I want a cab tractor w/4WD. I'm looking at the M9960..Will someone please tell me all there is to know about the DPF..Is it problematic? Is it due to be replaced by another system soon? What is the system that uses some diesel additive..Is this coming to Kubota? Any reason to buy now? Any reason to wait? Thanks!

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
I have a M8560 open station. I can't answer all of your questions, however my tractor has 198 hours on it so far. The DPF regeneration process has been flawless. I always run in the auto regen mode. It's habit now to just push the button when I first get on the tractor. Working the tractor while it's doing a regen is not an issue. No power loss and other than the light on the dash being lit up you would never know that a regen was going on. So far during the winter months the tractor would regen around every 12-15 hours. Now that summer is here the average time is 20-25 hours. I'm not sure of the reasoning but I'm just guessing the hotter the outside air temp is the less particulate builds up in the DPF due to hotter exhaust temps. I have read some of the smaller tractors in cold climates have had issues with the tractor not going into regen mode and the guess there is because the smaller engines can't produce enough heat to meet the requirement. There is another member on here..tractorman02...that also has a 8560. Hopefully he will chime in and give his experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk